Aquastar Deepstar Chronograph (Price, Pictures and Specifications)
Founded in 1962 in Geneva/Switzerland, Aquastar has since set milestones in the evolution of the dive watch. The 2020 Aquastar Deepstar is a faithful recreation of one of the most influential dive watches of the 60s.
The unique and uncluttered mono sub-counter dial, combined with the small running indicator, and the patented multiple dive decompression bezel table make the Deepstar an unmatched diver-oriented tool with an instantly recognizable design.
The 2020 Deepstar retains all proportions of the original Deepstar from the 60s while relying on high-end Swiss Manufacture automatic Chronograph movement (La Joux-Perret LJP82010, based on Valjoux 7750) instead of the manual wind Valjoux 23. This gives the new Deepstar the practicality and versatility you expect from a modern Chronograph.
The radial finishing of its Blue Ray, Steel Grey, or Vintage Black dial, the polished applied markers, the oversized 30-minute counter, and of course, its dual scale rotating bezel. Inside ticks a manufacture column wheel chronograph caliber developed for Aquastar by Swiss movement specialists at La Joux-Perret. The watch comes fitted on a 22-millimeter genuine Tropic rubber strap, with a second handmade shell cordovan band, both with Aquastar-signed buckles.
A Legend Of The Deep Resurfaces
The 1960s: divers were going deeper and staying down longer, mapping the ocean, discovering new worlds, and exploring the limits of human endurance and tolerance for pressure. But stay too deep too long and a diver can either run out of air or get the bends.
Enter Aquastar, a watch brand founded in 1962 with the sole aim of designing and building watches and instruments for aquatic use. Aquastar’s early watches were worn by navy divers, shipwreck hunters, champion free divers and undersea explorers. But it was the Deepstar that really broke new ground when it appeared in 1965.
Aquastar Deepstar Chronograph
· Bi-directional rotating bezel on a ceramic bearing
· 316L Stainless Steel case with highly domed, AR triple coated sapphire crystal
· Case Diameter: 40.5mm
· Bezel Diameter: 40.5mm
· Length without lugs: 41mm
· Case height: 14.8mm
· Steel grey sunburst dial design
· Applied stainless steel markers/indices
· High density filling old light Radium super luminova application
· Movement: La Joux-Perret LJP82010 (based on Valjoux 7750)
· Functions: Time and chronograph
· Frequency: 28,800 beats per hour (4 Hz)
· Winding: Automatic
· Power reserve: 55 hours
· Jewels: 28
· Set of 2 straps included in the pre-order
· Matching color Genuine original Tropic rubber strap with signed Aquastar buckle
· Horween shell cordovan leather strap with signed Aquastar buckle
· Stainless Steel BOR bracelet with fitted endlinks coming in January 2021
The price for the Aquastar Deepstar Chronograph is US$3,590, with pre-order price of US$2,790.