Bell & Ross BR V2-93 GMT Blue (Price, Pictures and Specifications)
The GMT models can display two time zones at the same time. An indispensable tool for aircraft pilots and a companion for globetrotters, these “tool watches” go back to basics in terms of their design and shape which were in uenced by two keywords: functionality and legibility.
Following on from the BR V2-93 GMT 24H launched in 2018 (please read more about this watch here), this year, Bell & Ross has completed its range of watches targeted at modern frequent travellers - both professional and civilian - in search of a chic and functional timepiece. The contemporary design of the Bell & Ross BR V2-93 GMT Blue - perfectly suited to 21st century travellers - places it at the heart of the modern era.
Its 41-mm round steel case is characteristic of the Vintage series, with integrated protection for the screw-down crown. With a galvanic blue case-back featuring a sunray pattern, the dial is a nod to the world of air travel and long transatlantic trips, while the second hand counterweight is subtly styled in the shape of an aircraft.
The bi-directional rotating bezel in two-tone anodised aluminium (grey for daytime and blue for night-time) means the time in a second time zone (shown on a 24-hour scale) can be read instantly thanks to the fourth hand, or the “GMT” hand, with its stand out red arrow.
For optimal legibility, the four faceted hands and the decal indices and numerals boast a photoluminescent coating in white Super-LumiNova.
Bell & Ross BR V2-93 GMT Blue
· Ref. BRV293-BLU-ST
· Movement: BR-CAL.303. Automatic mechanical.
· Functions: hours, minutes and central seconds. Second time hand rapid-setting, independent from the hour hand. Date.
· Case: 41 mm in diameter. Satin-polished steel. Bi-directional bezel with 24-hour scale. Blue and grey two-colour anodised aluminium disc. Screw-down crown. Sapphire case-back.
· Dial: blue sunray. Numerals and indices coated in white Superluminova. Metal skeletonized Superluminova-filled hour and minute hands.
· Crystal: ultra-curved sapphire with anti-reflective coating.
· Water-resistance: 100 metres.
· Strap: grey and blue elastic canvas strap or satin-polished steel.
· Buckle: folding for metal bracelet.
The price for the Bell & Ross BR V2-93 GMT Blue is US$3200 on strap and US$3,500 on bracelet and will be available from February 2020