Bell & Ross BR V2-94 Aéronavale Bronze (Price, Pictures and Specifications)
In a nod to the Vintage BR Aéronavale collection, this year Bell & Ross went a step further and unveiled a new BR V2-94 Aéronavale Bronze in a limited edition of 999 pieces that combines functionality and elegance while subtly reflecting the prestigious ceremonial uniform of French naval officers. This elegant chronograph is clearly aimed at lovers of beautiful timekeeping instruments.
In stabilised CuAl7Si2 bronze (91% copper, 7% aluminium and 2% silicon), its 41-mm case stands out with its distinctive yellow gold colour. Known for its changing nature that gives it its unique character, bronze – a material cherished by Bell & Ross – provides a whole palette of unique shades. Although stabilised, the material changes over time - as if by magic!
Similar to the other chronographs from the Vintage series, the BR V2-94 Aéronavale Bronze is equipped with a fixed bezel, here in navy blue anodised aluminium. Its ocean blue dial is decorated with gilt metal indices and numerals and baton-shaped skeletonised hands in white Super-LumiNova for optimal legibility.
The functional, ultra-curved “glass box” sapphire crystal reinforces both the classic style of the piece and its resistance. In this sense, the BR V2-94 Aéronavale Bronze meets all the criteria of the military technical speci cations intended for such a timepiece. This refined chronograph featuring screw-down pushers will appeal to collectors looking for a model with a vintage feel which evokes the “bi-compax” chronographs from the 1960s which featured two sub-dials.
The BR V2-94 Aéronavale Bronze has all the technical qualities of a modern timepiece namely, reliability, robustness, elegance, precision and legibility.
Bell & Ross BR V2-94 Aéronavale Bronze
· Ref. BRV294-BLU-BR/SF
· Movement: BR-CAL.301. Automatic mechanical.
· Functions: hours, minutes, small seconds at 3 o’clock. Date. Chronograph: 30-min timer at 9 o’clock, central chronograph seconds.
· Case: 41 mm in diameter. CuAI7Si2 bronze. Bezel with anodized blue aluminum ring and 60-minute scale. Screw-down crown and push-buttons. Sapphire case back.
· Dial: blue sunray. Gilded and polished numerals and indices. Satin-polished and gilded skeleton Super-LumiNova-filled hour and minute hands.
· Crystal: ultra-curved sapphire with anti-reflective coating. Water-resistance: 100 metres.
· Strap: blue elastic canvas strap.
· Buckle: satin bronze.
The price for the Bell & Ross BR V2-94 Aéronavale Bronze is US$5,200, is limited edition to 999 pieces and will be available from end April 2020.