Certina DS PH200M Powermatic 80 (Specifications and Price)
In 2018 Certina caused a sensation with the reissue of its historic DS PH200M (read more about here). And today the Swiss watchmaker presents a new version of the vintage maritime timepiece: With its stain- less steel Milanese bracelet, the DS PH200M cuts a particularly elegant figure. The watch also comes with a gray-blue NATO strap that can be fitted without special tools – making it easy to vary the look of the timepiece at will. Its heartbeat remains unchanged – the Powermatic 80 automatic movement with a power reserve of up to 80 hours.
The original DS PH200M dates back to 1967. The new edition features a range of details modelled on the original, transporting the wild 1960s into the present: the black dial with red accents or the scaled, unidirectional rotating black bezel, for example, and the turtle in relief on the case back. Other key features serve to anchor the timepiece firmly in the present, including the 42.8 mm stainless steel case, Super-LumiNova coated hands and indexes, and the innovative Powermatic 80 automatic movement with power reserve up to 80 hours. New in this edition are the two bracelets, one a stainless steel Milanese mesh, the other a blue-gray NATO strap. A practical system makes it easy to exchange one for the other without using any tools.
Like its historic predecessor, the new DS PH200M is equipped with the original DS Concept from the 1960s. In contrast to contemporary Certina watches, the vintage reissue makes use of a domed hesalite box crystal with scratch-resistant NEX Scratchguard coating and a separate mounting ring to provide Double Security – and water resistance up to 20 bar (200 m). No doubt about it: The DS PH200M steps into the limelight in 2019, the 60th anniversary of the DS Concept, as a worthy and stylish successor to the original model from 1967.
Certina DS PH200M Powermatic 80
· Automatic ETA Powermatic 80.111, Swiss Made
· Hours, minutes, seconds, date
· Power reserve: up to 80 hours
· Polished stainless steel 316L, 42.8 mm diameter
· Rotating bezel with immersion time scale, screw-down crown, screw-down case back: case back with Certina turtle logo
· Bezel in anodized black aluminum with protective Super-LumiNova marking.
· Matt black dial
· Hands and indexes coated with Super-LumiNova
· Seconds hand with red tip; date at 3 o’clock
Water resistance: Up to a pressure of 20 bar (200 m)
Crystal: Domed hesalite box crystal with NEX Scratchguard coating
Strap: Milanese stainless steel with butter y clasp and two pushers Gray-blue NATO fabric strap with pin buckle
· DS (Double Security), enhanced water resistance
· Re-issue of a historic watch from the 1960s, two straps (exchangeable), special packaging
The price for the Certina DS PH200M Powermatic 80 is CHF 745.- / GBP 645.-