Christopher Ward C65 GMT Worldtimer (Price, Pictures and Specifications)
Inspired by the emergence of long-distance air travel during the 1960s, the new C65 GMT Worldtimer captures the era’s liberating possibilities within its aesthetic and technical capabilities. The first CW to feature both GMT and worldtimer functionality, both complications help supply the C65 a distinctive tool watch look.
A fixed 24-hour ring around the edge of its blackened dial is finished in yellow and white; its Sellita SW330 movement’s GMT hand is proudly presented in the former, whilst also being used to tell the time in a separate timezone.
Yet the real eye catcher here is the feature making its debut in the C65 family: a worldtimer bezel. Present in 42mm – 1mm larger than the rest of the case for legibility purposes – 24 international cities adorn a mix of brushed steel and black surfaces.
Just like supersonic travel brought those far-flung corners of the globe into reach, the C65 also connects its wearer with the likes of Karachi and La Paz .
Despite its global outlook, the C65 GMT Worldtimer remains a dive watch at heart. Its light-catcher" case is water-resistant to 150m, with a screw-down crown a welcome reassurance for those taking it for a light snorkel – or a more thorough scuba.
The Sellita SW330 calibre with dual-time functionality allows for the time to be told in two time zones simultaneously - hence its use on "GMT" watches.
When fully wound, it delivers 42 hours of continuous power, while vibrating at a rate of eight times per second (28,800 times an hour).
Christopher Ward C65 GMT Worldtimer
· Diameter: 41mm (42mm bezel)
· Height: 12.05mm
· Weight: 71g
· Calibre: Sellita SW330
· Case: 316L stainless steel
· Water resistance: 15 ATM (150 metres)
· Vibrations: 28,800 per hour (4 Hz)
· Timing tolerance: -20/+20 seconds per day
· Dial colour: Black
· Lume: Super-LumiNova Grade X1 GL C1
· Lug to lug: 47.1mm
· Bracelet width: 22mm
· Swiss made
· 25 jewel self-winding mechanical movement
· 42-hour power reserve
· Dual-time GMT function
· Date calendar
· Central hacking seconds
· Anti-shock system
· Christopher Ward 'Colimacone' finish on rotor
· Brushed and polished marine-grade stainless steel case
· Bi-directional steel bezel with engraved international cities and brushed steel/black diamond-like carbon (DLC) finishing
· "Glass box" sapphire crystal
· Screw-down crown stamped with twin-flag motif
· Matte finish dial with twin flags debossed at 12 o'clock
· Yellow and white printed 24-hour ring
· Super-LumiNova Grade X1 GL C1-filled hands and indexes
· Top-brushed indexes with diamond polished facets
· Signature Trident counter-balance on seconds hand
· Black diamond-like carbon (DLC) "Trident" motif screw-down backplate
· Unique engraved serial number
· Marine-grade stainless steel bracelet with micro-adjustable ratchet clasp and quick-release system for easy changing/ Cordura and rubber hybrid waterproof strap with Christopher Ward buckle and quick-release pins for easy changing/ Premium quality canvas webbing strap with Christopher Ward buckle and quick-release pins for easy changing/ Vintage oak leather strap with Christopher Ward-engraved dress clasp and quick-release pins for easy changing
· Eco-friendly luxury presentation case and owner's handbook
The price for the Christopher Ward C65 GMT Worldtimer is € 1,245 for the webbing, leather and hybrid strap, and €1,370 with the stainless-steel bracelet.