De Bethune DB27 Titan Hawk Green Dial (Price, Pictures and Specifications)
It was in March 2018 that the De Bethune manufacture introduced the latest in-house self- winding caliber; the Auto V2, the beating heart of a timepiece with a modern twist.
Indeed, the DB27 Titan Hawk draws its inspiration from the design and technology of its predecessors while adding an innovative touch. Slim lines, a green microlight dial, sandblasted steel minute hands with hand-polished steel tips, a microlight case middle, and brushed lugs and open back. A watch that stands out not only for its sleek design but also for its entirely manufactured movement.
Focusing on the essentials, the De Bethune DB27 Titan Hawk is equipped with the latest AUTOV2 caliber, hour, minute, second, which features a single barrel providing 60 hours of power reserve. The last titanium balance with white gold inserts remains visible on the back of the watch.
Thanks to the technique still developed in-house, the movement is equipped with an optimized oscillating weight made of titanium and tungsten alloy allowing it to power itself.
If the inspiration of the original De Bethune DB27 Titan Hawk model is very quickly perceived, each detail is rethought and reworked to find the elegance and readability of an object above all functional. Juxtaposing Roman numerals and Arabic numerals, the reading of the time is given around rings located at the periphery of the dial. The time display on the green dial is punctuated by sandblasted steel hands with hand-polished white tips.
Machined into a 43 mm case in grade 5 titanium, accompanied by a khaki green canvas strap, we find all the De Bethune codes in this model: the patented mobile lugs, the crown at 12 o'clock, a microlight decoration on the middle and the green microlight dial.
Sporty and modernist at the same time, this timepiece reflects the avant-gardism of the Manufacture as well as its artisanal tradition.
De Bethune DB27 Titan Hawk Green Dial
· Case material: Polished grade 5 titanium, with middle microlight
· Case diameter: 43 mm
· Case thickness: 9 mm
· Lugs: Short floating lugs in brushed grade 5 titanium, De Bethune Patent (2006)
· Crystal: In sapphire crystal (hardness of 1800 Vickers) with double anti- reflective coating
· Case back: Open in brushed grade 5 titanium; Sapphire crystal (hardness of 1800 Vickers) with double anti-reflective coating
· Water resistance: 3 ATM
· Green microlight
· Silver-toned chapter ring with Roman numerals
· Silver-toned minutes circle with Arabic numerals placed around the rim of the dial
· Hours and minutes hands in sandblasted steel with white hand polished steel ends
· Seconds hand in hand-polished steel
· Calibre: AUTOV2
· Type: Mechanical self-winding movement
· Adjustment: Winding and setting the time (2 positions)
· Functions: Hours, Minutes, seconds
· Number of parts: 217
· Jewelling: 29 jewels
· Diameter: 30 mm
· Power reserve: 60 hours
· Specificities: Titanium balance wheel with white gold inserts; "De Bethune" balance-spring with flat terminal curve; Steel escape wheel; Optimized oscillating weight in titanium and alloy of tungsten
· Frequency: 28,800 vibrations per hour
· Adornment: Hand-crafted finishing and decoration
Buckle: Pin buckle in grade 5 titanium
The price for the De Bethune DB27 Titan Hawk Ref. DB27TIS4V2ww is CHF 40,000 (without taxes) and is limited edition to 10 pieces.