Edox North Sea 1978 The Inverse Moon Landing (Price, Pictures and Specifications)
The Moon landings captured the imagination of all mankind. But an equally audacious adventure unfolded on Earth in 1978 when divers made their own “Giant Leap” 320m under the icy waters off Norway. Dubbed “The Inverse Moon Landing”, it was the deepest ever dive in the North Sea.
Edox is proud to be the official watch partner of these heroic North Sea Divers and the 43mm North Sea 1978 is a rugged, feature-packed sports timepiece that can be worn anytime, anywhere. Naturally, it is exceptionally water-resistant; to 320m in fact, matching that epic 1978 dive to the metre.
A stainless-steel case, coated in black Diamond-Like Carbon (DLC) for extra toughness, houses the Calibre 80 automatic movement.
Edox North Sea 1978 Automatic Special Edition- The Inverse Moon Landing
· Reference: 80118-37N-N78
· Features: Edox crown and/or pusher with double O'ring, Luminescent hands and/or indices, Sapphire crystal, Screw-down crown
· Functions: Date, Diving bezel, Rotating ceramic bezel
· Material: DLC (Diamond-Like Carbon), Stainless steel
· Diameter: 44 mm
· Movement: Edox Caliber 80A based on Sellita SW 200
· Frequency: 28'800 A/h
· Power Reserve: 38h
· Number of Jewels: 25
· Water Resistance: 320 meters - 32 ATM
The price for the Edox North Sea 1978 Automatic Special Edition- The Inverse Moon Landing Ref. 80118-37N-N78 is EUR 1,490.