Frederique Constant Classics Moonphase Manufacture (Specifications and Price)
Since 2004, Frederique Constant creates its own calibers, entirely in-house designed, produced and assembled. This was an important step for the brand to become more independent, having more control over the production line, improve quality and accelerate product delivery. In-house calibers have become a trademark for Frederique Constant and play an important role in the the brand’s strategy towards the future.
The New FC-712 Movement
The newest in-house calibre is the FC-712 automatic movement, thus becoming the 29th addition to an ever-growing collection.
Based on the iconic FC-700 movement series from Frederique Constant, it has been redesigned in order to split the moonphase and date into two counters. Both functions are adjustable via the crown.
Through the transparent caseback, the movement shows off the famous Perlage and circular Côtes de Genève decorations present on all Frederique Constant in-house calibers. It took the brand’s R&D department and watchmakers two years to perfect this movement and introduce it to the watchmaking market.
The timepiece offers three variations: silver or navy blue-coloured dials and in either rose gold-plated or polished stainless-steel case. The 42mm 3 parts-case holds a convex sapphire crystal and see-through caseback revealing the inner workings of the FC-712 caliber, offering a 38-hour power reserve.
The two counters of the moonphase and date are respectively located at three and nine o’clock. The elegant curved dial merges seamlessly with the case showcasing printed roman numeral indexes and hand-polished hands. Finally, the dark brown, black or blue croco calf leather strap completes the look.
Frederique Constant Classics Moonphase Manufacture
· FC-712MS4H6 - Stainless steel, Silver color dial
· FC-712MS4H4 - Rose gold-plated
· FC-712MN4H6 - Stainless steel, Navy blue color dial
· Polished stainless steel or Rose gold-plated 3-parts case
· 42 mm diameter
· Convex sapphire crystal
· See-through case back
· Water-resistant up to 5 ATM
· FC-712 Manufacture automatic caliber with date and moonphase adjustable by the crown.
· Perlage & circular Côtes de Genève decoration on the movement
· 28 jewels, 38 hours power reserve, 28’800 alt/h
· Silver color or Navy blue dial with black or silver printed roman numeral indexes
· Hand polished black or white hands
· Moonphase at 3 o’clock and date counter at 9 o’clock
Bracelet: Black or Dark brown or Blue croco calf leather strap
Functions: Hours, minutes, seconds, moonphase, date by hand
The prices for the Frederique Constant Classics Moonphase Manufacture are:
FC-712MS4H6 – 2,595 CHF / 2,595 EUR
FC-712MS4H4 – 2,895 CHF / 2,895 EUR
FC-712MN4H6 – 2,595 CHF / 2,595 EUR