Girard-Perregaux Quasar Light (Price, Pictures and Specifications)
The ability to reveal the art in precision engineering is among Girard-Perregaux’s greatest achievements. The Quasar Light honours this legacy by engineering transparency to the extreme. Named after the most brilliant of astronomical entities - the Quasar – it is an epic masterpiece with gleaming aerial views of the Manufacture’s most iconic movement encased in Swiss-made Sapphire, exclusively available in just 18 pieces.
Like its namesake, the Quasar Light outshines all others in its class. The glittering tourbillion appears to float inside an invisible case made from a single sapphire disk. Sculpting and polishing its curves to produce such extreme transparency required over 200 hours of work and hundreds of operations with techniques perfected over two centuries.
Viewing its sensational aerial volumes feels as if stargazing through a telescope. The sapphire crystal box that extends from the case delivers this intergalactic 360° view. Achieving the perfect gloss within the movement required three times more sapphire than standard with a unique diamond and chemical polish.
The watch glitters with starry lustre when light radiates across its movement and Ruthenium barrel. Selected for its diamond-like brilliance, Ruthenium is a rare platinum metal in extremely limited production. It forms dazzling crystals that burst with sparkling light in all directions on the watch face.
The arrow shape of the Aerial Neo-bridges, a Girard-Perregaux signature, were inspired by architectural marvels in the world’s greatest cities. Finished yet again in Swiss-made sapphire, the bridges reveal the smallest details of the mechanism with a light, but powerful presence on the wrist.
The tourbillon cage is powered by a unidirectional automatic winding system featuring a micro-rotor made of white gold. Visible through the sapphire crystal box, the micro-rotor is engraved with an eagle – an instantly recognisable hallmark of the Swiss Manufacture.
The Quasar Light is a brilliantly bold expression of the technical mastery, contemporary design and rich heritage that exemplifies Girard-Perregaux. The 18 exclusive pieces are now luminous stars at the centre of an entirely new galaxy of watchmaking excellence.
Girard-Perregaux Quasar Light
Limited & numbered edition of: 18 pieces
· Material: sapphire
· Diameter: 46.00 mm
· Height: 15.25 mm
· Glass: sapphire anti-reflective ‘box’
· Case-back: sapphire crystal ‘box’
· Dial: no dial
· Hands: skeletonized, white gold, ‘Dauphine’ type, with luminescent material
· Water resistance: 30 meters (3 ATM)
· Reference: GP09400-1128
· Self-winding mechanical movement
· Diameter: 36.00 mm (16’’’)
· Height: 9.54 mm
· Frequency: 21,600 Vib/h – (3 Hz)
· Number of components: 260
· Number of jewels: 27
· Power reserve: min. 60 hours
· Functions: Tourbillon, hours, minutes, small seconds on the tourbillon
· Tourbillon cage composed of 79 components weighing only 0.250 grams
· The iconic Girard-Perregaux bridges are made out of sapphire
· Material: grey fabric with a metallic effect and hand-stitching
· The timepiece will be delivered with a complimentary black alligator strap
· Buckle: triple folding, white gold
The price for the Girard-Perregaux Quasar Light is $294,000.