H. Moser & Cie. Pioneer Perpetual Calendar MD (Specs and Price)
For the first time in its history, H. Moser & Cie. has created a perpetual calendar with two windows displaying the date and month. The aim of this development is to offer optimal legibility in the brand's sportiest line: Pioneer. The Pioneer Perpetual Calendar MD features a steel case water-resistant to 120 metres, enabling it to display the time under any conditions, whether on land or underwater. A practical, wearable perpetual calendar for everyday heroes.
In 2015, H. Moser & Cie. launched the Pioneer collection. This contemporary collection, imbued with a pioneering, adventurous spirit, was the obvious choice to accommodate the brand's new perpetual calendar with dual window display. A stylish creation with two large windows to display the date and month and two discs featuring the Flash Calendar function, which changes instantly when necessary. The date can be set at any time of the day, forwards or backwards, with no risk to the movement.
The Pioneer Perpetual Calendar MD is an innovation par excellence, available in two models with bold colours: the first features the Funky Blue dial with traditional indexes and markers; the second is dressed in a brand new colour – Burgundy – and stripped of almost all indications except for the dots that mark the hours.
An offset small second sits at 6 o'clock, and a power reserve indicator at 9 o'clock, along with the leap year cycle indicator, which is concealed on the movement side. The leaf-shaped hands are partially skeletonised and filled with Superluminova, as are the hour marker dots on the flange.
At the heart of the Pioneer Perpetual Calendar MD beats a new Manufacture calibre. A complex marvel of ingenuity, the HMC 808 hand-wound movement offers a comfortable power reserve of at least seven days thanks to its double barrel.
H. Moser & Cie. Pioneer Perpetual Calendar MD
· Reference3808-1200, steel model, Burgundy fumé dial, black alligator leather strap, limited edition of 50 pieces
· Reference3808-1201, steel model, Funky Blue fumé dial, black alligator leather strap, limited edition of 50 pieces
· Diameter: 42.8 mm, height (excluding sapphire crystal): 11.3 mm Curved sapphire crystal and see-through case back
· Screw-in crown adorned with an “M”
· Water-resistant to 120 metres
· Burgundy fumé or Funky Blue fumé with applique indexes and sunburst pattern Superluminova hour marker dots
· Leaf-shaped hands, partially skeletonised
· Superluminova elements on hands
· HMC 808 hand-wound calibre
· Diameter: 34.0 mm or 15 lignes
· Height: 6.3 mm
· Frequency: 18,000 Vib/h
· 32 jewels
· Power reserve: minimum 7 days
· Double barrel
· Hacking seconds
· Original Straumann Hairspring
· Interchangeable Moser escapement
· Hours and minutes, small second
· Perpetual calendar with date and month Big date display
· Month indicator window
· Power reserve indicator
· Leap year cycle indicator on movement side
· Black alligator leather or black rubber
· Steel pin buckle, engraved with the Moser logo
The price for the H. Moser & Cie. Pioneer Perpetual Calendar MD is CHF 39,900 / EUR 38,000.