Hermes Arceau Lift Tourbillon Répétition Minutes (Price, Pictures and Specifications)
Designed by Henri d’Origny in 1978, the Hermes Arceau watch displays an understated yet distinctive nature. Its timeless silhouette takes the form of a round case with stirrup-like asymmetrical lugs. A one-of-a-kind model in rose or white gold, the Arceau Lift tourbillon répétition minutes features a white or Abyss blue-lacquered dial revealing part of its entrancing mechanism.
Framed by the equestrian profile cut-out hugging the curves of the case, the complexity of the double-gong minute-repeater mechanism is captivating. This traditional horological complication is combined here with another horological exception – the flying tourbillon – coiled inside the horse’s neck and visible through a round aperture at 6 o’clock.
Forming a double H, the architecture of the tourbillon is inspired by mot emblematic of the Hermès boutique on the Faubourg Saint-Honoré in Paris. This design crowning the tourbillon carriage and barrel bridge pick up the pattern of the artistic wrought ironwork adorning the entrance, railings, staircase and lift at the Parisian establishment.
The pleasing overall effect is swept over by slim openworked hands and punctuated by the Arceau line’s characteristic sloping numerals that evoke a galloping horse.
Visible through the dial cut-outs and the sapphire crystal case-back, the new mechanical hand-wound movement H1924 rom Manufacture Hermès emits the clear chime of its minute repeater from a white or rose gold case measuring 43 mm in diameter. Re-designed to incorporate two majors Haute Horlogerie complications, this precious case was designed in the Hermès Horloger workshops, as were the lacquered dial and matt black alligator strap.
Hermes Arceau Lift Tourbillon Répétition Minutes
· Manufacture Hermès H1924 movement
· Mechanical hand-wound, crafted in Switzerland
· Diameter: 30 mm (13 1⁄4 ‘’’)
· Thickness: 6.1 mm
· Power reserve: 90 hours
· Frequency: 21,600 vph (3Hz)
· Functions: Double gong, minute repeater, hours, minutes
· Decoration: Mirror-polished tourbillon carriage topped with the Lift motif. Hand-chamfered and polished bridges
· Distinctive feature: flying tourbillon
· Shape / dimensions: Round, 43 mm in diameter
· Material: Rose gold
· Crystal: Sapphire crystal and case-back with anti-glare treatment
· Water resistance: 3 bars
Dial: White-lacquered dial. “Horse” cut-out motif
Strap: Havana alligator
The prices for the Hermes Arceau Lift Tourbillon Répétition Minutes are:
· Rose gold version: CHF 270,000 / Euro 238,000 /USD 269,000 / GBP 212,000
· White gold version: CHF 285,000 / Euro 250,000 / USD 282,000 / GBP 223,000