Hermes Arceau Petite Lune (Price and Specifications)
Within its elegant 38 mm steel case, polished or set with 70 diamonds, the Arceau Petite Lune watch conceals various playful and singular details. The sparkling white dial sprinkled with pearl grey numerals features a mischievous Moon that appears to have escaped from a Hermes silk scarf. Classicism tinged with whimsical fancy that naturally draws the gaze.
Since its creation by Henri d’Origny in 1978, the Arceau watch has effectively mingled understated elegance with distinctive touches. Its classical lines, expressed through a round case with asymmetrical stirrup-shaped lugs and a sloping dial font reminiscent of a galloping horse, make it a natural part of a timeless and playful present.
The pure lines of the Arceau Petite Lune watch are dotted with creative – and recreational – elements. The «rotating» pearly grey Arabic numerals punctuate an opalescent sparkling dial, swept over by cut-out hands. Standing out clearly against this gleaming lunar background is the disc symbolically depicting the radiant face of the moon. This impish heavenly body, designed by the Franco-German artist Édouard Baribeaud for the Hermes scarf named «Acte III, Scène I, la Clairière...», is freely inspired by Shakespeare’s comedy A Midsummer Night’s Dream.
Hovering between fanciful and rigorous facets, the Arceau Petite Lune watch is powered by the Manufacture Hermès H1837 self-winding movement complete with moon phase module, driving displays of the hours, minutes, date at 6 o’clock and moon phases between 10 and 11 o’clock. Topped by a mirror-polished bezel or set with a row of diamonds, its round 38 mm case in mirror-polished steel with a sapphire crystal caseback is complemented by a brightly coloured palette of alligator straps secured by a pin buckle and crafted by the Hermès Horloger artisans, as are the case and dial.
Hermes Arceau Petite Lune
· Henri d’Origny (1978)
· Large Model (GM), 38 mm, round
· 316L steel case, with or without setting of 70 diamonds (0.81 ct)
· Anti-glare sapphire crystal and caseback
· Sparkly white dial. Pearl-grey powdered transferred Arabic numerals and minutes track. Moon-phase indicator with blue background and rhodiumplated decoration. Rhodium-plated, openworked hands
· Hermes Manufacture movement H1837
· Mechanical self-winding movement, crafted in Switzerland
· Small Moon module
· Hours, minutes, date at 6 o’clock, moon phase at 10.30
· 316L steel pin buckle, 17 mm
· Matt etoupe alligator
· Matt chantilly alligator
· Polished ultraviolet alligator
· Polished sapphire blue alligator
· Polished black alligator
· Polished elephant grey alligator
· Polished raspberry alligator
· Polished orange alligator
· Polished ember alligator
· Polished blackcurrant alligator
The price for the Hermes Arceau Petite Lune is 6,300 EUR for the steel case version and 11,500 EUR for the gem-set steel case version.