Hermes Arceau Ronde Des Heures (Price and Specifications)
The Hermes Arceau watch, designed by Henri d’Origny in 1978, lends its understated yet unique aesthetic to a new expression of time according to Hermès.
A playful and paradoxical creation that diverts the moon from its expected role. Here, the Earth’s satellite itself indicates the time as the numerals whirl in the moonlight, while the minutes hand points to the distant stars of a constellation.
Ever since its creation, the round case of the Arceau has rested on a rectangular stirrup, tracing a timeless silhouette. Its black bezel adorned with black spinels radiates an intense nocturnal light. Its sunburst glossy black dial is enlivened by a carousel of sloping numerals sweeping over an iridescent moon.
Standing out against this radiant darkness are a moon and stars crafted in mother-of-pearl and revealed by luminescent lacquer. Issued in a limited edition of 300, the Arceau Ronde des heures watch is fastened to the wrist by a strap in black alligator crafted by Hermès artisans.
Hermes Arceau Ronde Des Heures
· Black-coated glossy sunburst, crescent in luminescent natural white mother-of-pearl
· Pegasus constellation with stars in luminescent natural white mother-of-pearl
· Matte black gold-coated hours mobile
· Rhodium-plated minutes hand
· Designed by Henri d’Origny in 1978
· Round case in glossy black PVD-coated brushed 316L steel, set with 66 black spinels
· Diameter 36 mm, interhorn width 19 mm
· Sapphire crystal with anti-glare treatment
· Water-resistant to 3 bar
Movement: Quartz, Swiss made
Functions: Hours, minutes
· Polished black alligator
· Pin buckle in black 316L steel, 17 mm
The price for the Hermes Arceau Ronde Des Heures is Euro 5,800.