Hermes Arceau Soleil (Pictures and Specifications)
Created by Henri d’Origny in 1978, the round Hermes Arceau watch with its stirrup- inspired lugs lends its singular aesthetic to a new stylistic expression. Imagined by Swiss artist Fred Rawyler for a silk scarf, a gleaming graphic design – reinterpreted to create fascinating depth and effects of light – brings sunshine to the dial of the aptly named new Hermes Arceau Soleil.
Sunbeams radiating across a subtle chiaroscuro gradient accentuate the path of the slender hands, in an endlessly mesmerising geometry. The diamond hour- markers, set into the sapphire crystal, create the illusion of levitating above the dial, while a translucent lacquer in shades of blue or grey swathes the engraved motif in an aura of mystery.
The exquisitely light gem-set steel case of this elegant watch is paired with an alligator strap.
Hermes Arceau Soleil
· Henri d’Origny (1978)
· Medium Model (MM), 36 mm, round
· Gem-set 316L steel case, 100 diamonds (0.34 ct)
· Gem-set anti-glare sapphire crystal, 12 diamonds (0.03 ct)
· Laser-engraved and gradient blue-lacquered dial. “Soleil” motif by Fred Rawyler
· Laser-engraved and gradient grey-lacquered dial. “Soleil” motif by Fred Rawyler
Movement: Quartz, crafted in Switzerland
Functions: Hours, minutes
Buckle: 316L steel pin buckle, 16 mm
Strap: Polished sapphire blue alligator Matt pearl grey alligator