Longines Heritage Classic Chronograph 1946 (Price, Pictures and Specifications)
Throughout its long history, Longines has created pieces that have stood the test of time. A reinterpretation of a watch from the forties, the Longines Heritage Classic Chronograph 1946 is a perfect example. This 40 mm creation reveals an understated dial that will thrill aficionados of the winged hourglass brand.
Longines extend its Heritage segment with a new interpretation, the Longines Heritage Classic Chronograph 1946, the reissue of a piece produced in the late 1940s. During this period, the Swiss brand designed a series of technology at that time. Such models, with a timeless, understated style, continue to enthral vintage watchmaking connoisseurs today.
With the 40 mm stainless steel case of the Longines Heritage Classic Chronograph 1946 is a self-winding chronograph movement developed exclusively for the brand (L895.5).
In keeping with the design of the piece that inspired it, this watch features a domed silvered opaline dial enhanced by two finely sculpted counters, a 30-minute counter and a small seconds counter. The harmonious Arabic numerals, in the italic “dolphin” style characteristic of this period, set the pace for this timepiece. At 12 o’clock Longines lettering is subtly applied to the dial in antiques-style characters. The “leaf”-style hands in blued steel bring out the beauty of this elegant piece, topped with an anti-reflection sapphire crystal.
This model is mounted on a semi-matte black leather strap characterised by a soft texture and a resolutely vintage finish.
Longines Heritage Classic Chronograph 1946
Reference number: L2.8184.108.40.206
· Shape: Round
· Material: Stainless steel
· Glass: Scratch-resistant sapphire crystal, with several layers of anti-reflective coating on the underside
· Dimension: Ø 40.00 mm
· Water Resistance: Water-resistant to 3 bar
Dial and Hands:
· Colour: Silver
· Hour markers: Painted Arabic numerals
· Hands: Blued steel hands
Movement and Functions:
· Movement Type: Automatic
· Caliber: L895.5 (ETA A31.L21)
· Movement Description: Self-winding mechanical movement beating at 28'800 vibrations per hour and providing 54 hours of power reserve
· Functions: Hours, minutes, small seconds at 3 o'clock
· Chronograph: Yes
· Chronograph Functions: Chronograph mechanism: central 60 seconds hand and 30 minutes counter at 9 o'clock
· Material: Leather strap
· Colour: Black
· Buckle: With buckle
The price for the Longines Heritage Classic Chronograph 1946 is US$3,050.