Longines Heritage Military 1938 (Price, Pictures and Specifications)
With the Longines Heritage Military 1938, the winged hourglass brand revisits a military watch from the Interwar period. Featuring a timeless, understated design, this 43 mm steel piece features a hand-wound mechanical calibre. In a tribute to the year of production of the model that inspired it, The Longines Heritage Military is numbered and limited to 1938 pieces.
Emerging from the rich heritage of the winged hourglass brand, the Longines Heritage Military is the reinterpretation of a military watch produced in 1938 and conserved as part of the Longines historical Collection. Numbered and limited to 1938 pieces, this reissue of a timeless design is driven by a hand-wound mechanical movement.
The shape of the 43 mm stainless steel case is typical of the 1930s. Resolutely understated, the piece reveals other attractive details reminiscent of the original model, such as the bevelled bezel and its ribbed “sea urchin”- shaped crown which guarantees easy adjustment.
Under its doomed anti-reflection sapphire crystal, the Longines Heritage Military 1938 features a streamlined, perfectly easy-to-read, matte black dial. The “baton”- style hands and II cream-coloured Arabic numerals coated with Super-LumiNova enable an essential quality for a military watch. The elegant dial and small seconds, at 6 o’clock, are finely edged by an elegant “railway-track” decoration characteristic of the time.
The Longines Heritage Military 1938 is available with a patinated charcoal grey leather strap and a cognac-coloured NATO – style leather strap. A tool included in the case makes it easy to interchange them.
Longines Heritage Military 1938
· Shape: Round
· Material: Stainless steel
· Glass: Scratch-resistant sapphire crystal, with several layers of anti-reflective coating on the underside
· Dimension: Ø 43.00 mm
· Water Resistance: Water-resistant to 3 bar
Dial and Hands:
· Colour: Black matt
· Hour markers: Painted Arabic numerals
· Hands: Silvered polished hands
· Specificities: Swiss Super-LumiNova
Movement and Functions:
· Movement Type: Mechanical
· Caliber: L507.2 (ETA 6498/2), 16 ½ lines, 17 jevels
· Movement Description: Mechanical movement with manual winding beating at 21'600 vibrations per hour and providing 53 hours of power reserve
· Functions: Hours, minutes, small seconds at 6 o'clock
Strap: Antracite leather and cognac NATO with buckle
The price for the Longines Heritage Military 1938 is US$ 2,600.