Longines PrimaLuna Collection (Price, Pictures and Specifications)
While the Longines brand is known for designing timepieces suited to both men and women, the Longines PrimaLuna collection has made its name as a uniquely feminine collection since 2009. As the name suggests, its distinctive case finds inspiration in the poetry of the moon. Its diamond-adorned dials, silver or mother-of-pearl, evoke the celestial body’s nocturnal shimmer. The models are driven by either a quartz or a self-winding movement and come in a 3-hand version displaying the date or an indicator of... the moon phase.
The Longines PrimaLuna is the perfect embodiment of feminine grace as envisioned by the winged hourglass brand. Inspired by the mysterious and captivating beauty of the skies, the Longines Primaluna, its dials, distinctive case and the links that bind its stylish bracelet, echo the curves of a full moon.
This exclusively feminine collection is appropriate for day to evening wear, for both everyday events and elegant occasions. It is the ideal finishing touch to a sophisticated look and adds shimmer to a more casual outfit.
Reflecting its lunar inspiration, the collection’s brilliant stainless-steel grey is complemented by the soft tones of rose gold in selected models. Its radiance is accentuated by the smooth polish of its components.
The three different dials offered in the Longines PrimaLuna collection, available in different sizes, all conjure up the purity of moonlight: Frosted silver or silver flinque with painted Roman numerals, or white mother-of-pearl with diamond indexes. Certain variations have been set with diamonds like shooting stars landing around the case’s perimeter.
These models are driven by either a quartz or a self-winding movement (L592). They are available in a 3-hand version displaying the date and as of recently, a moon phase indicator that creates an image within an image of the collection’s true spirit.
With its finely finished bracelet, the Longines PrimaLuna combines the elegance of jewellery with the Longines brend’s watch making expertise. These features have succeeded in captivating the modern woman.
· Quartz movement: L8.110.0/4.71/87.6; L8.112.0/4.71/87.6; L8.114/ 115/116.4.71/87.6; L18.104.22.168/87.6; L22.214.171.124/87.6
· Mechanical self-winding movement: L8.111.0/4.71/87.6; L126.96.36.199/87.6; L8111.5.78/79/87/89.6
· Quartz movements: L129 (ETA 956.412), L250 (ETA 956.112), L263 (ETA 955.412), L296 (ETA E63.171)
· Mechanical self-winding movement: Caliber L592 (ETA A20.L11), 83/4lines, 22 jewels, 28,800 vibrations per hour and a power reserve of 40 hours
· Hours, minutes, seconds and date at 3 o’clock
· Hours, minutes, seconds and date at 3 o’clock and moonphase indicator at 6 o’clock
· Diamenter: 26.5 mm, 30 mm, 30.5 mm, 34 mm
· Stainless steel
· Diamond-set stainless steel, 44 diamonds Top Wesselton IF-VVS, 0.299 carats
· Stainless steel and 18 carats rose gold cap
· Diamond-set stainless steel, 48 diamonds Top Wesselton IF-VVS, 0.403 carats
· Diamond-set stainless steel and 18 carats rose gold, 44 diamonds Top Wesselton IF-VVS, 0.299 carats
· Sliver, 11 Painted Roman Numerals
· Sliver “flinque”, 11 Painted Roman Numerals
· White-mother-of-pearl, 11 diamonds
Hands: Blued steel
Water resistance: up to 3 bars (30 meters)
Glass: Sapphire crystal with several layers of anti-reflective coating
· Stainless-steel with triple safety folding claps and push-piece opening mechanism
· Stainless-steel and 18 carats pink gold cap with triple safety folding claps and push-piece opening mechanism
The prices for the Longines PrimaLuna starts from CHF 1,100 to CHF 4,120, depending of which version you chose.