MB&F Legacy Machine FlyingT Lapis Lazuli (Price, Pictures and Specifications)
First launched in 2019, the Legacy Machine FlyingT was MB&F first-ever Machine dedicated to women (please read more about here). It embodies elegance and vitality over the softer conventions of womanhood… and they were a bit terrified about how it would be received. To their delight, the welcome was amazing… climaxing with the prize for Best Ladies’ Complication at the Grand Prix d’Horlogerie de Genève.
The launch versions in 18k white gold were joined earlier this year by limited editions in red gold and platinum, featuring guilloche dials. Today, MB&F add a sixth edition: the LM FlyingT Lapis Lazuli, featuring a dial plate and subdial in the deep blue gemstone, in an 18k white gold case set with diamonds.
This is the first of a series of gemstone editions, which MB&F will announce once a year. Lapis Lazuli was an obvious first choice for MB&F: they love the intense, deep blue, enhanced by the gold flecks (which are actually Pyrite).
Prized since antiquity for its intense colour, Lapis Lazuli has been mined as far back as 7000 BC and is found in many artifacts from civilizations across the world. During the Renaissance, it was ground into powder and made into ultramarine, the finest and most expensive of all blue pigments.
Powering this new edition, the soaring vertical structure of the FlyingT movement, topped by a 60-second flying tourbillon. The sun-shaped winding rotor ensures the automatic movement is fully wound, offering 100 hours of power reserve.
The time is displayed thanks to delicate serpentine hands on a tilted subdial placed at 7 o’clock, visible only to the wearer of the watch; an unconventional layout underlining the intimate, personal nature of the LM FlyingT.
MB&F Legacy Machine FlyingT Lapis Lazuli
· Three-dimensional vertical architecture, automatic winding, conceived and developed in-house by MB&F
· Central flying 60-second tourbillon
· Power reserve: 100 hours
· Balance frequency: 2.5 Hz / 18,000 bph
· Three-dimensional sun winding rotor in 18k 5N+ red gold, titanium and platinum.
· Number of components: 280
· Number of jewels: 30
· Hours and minutes displayed on a 50° vertically titled dial with two serpentine hands.
· Two crowns: winding on left and time-setting on right.
· Material: 18k white gold and diamonds
· High domed sapphire crystal on top with anti-reflective coating on both sides, sapphire crystal on back.
· Dimensions: 38.5mm x 20mm
· Number of components: 17
· Water resistance: 30 m / 90’ / 3 ATM
Lapis Lazuli Edition: 168 stones (120 on the case, 21 on the buckle, 1 on top of the tourbillon cage and 26 for the crowns). About 1.7ct.
Strap & buckle: Calf or alligator leather straps available with white gold pin buckle matching the case.
The price for the MB&F Legacy Machine FlyingT Lapis Lazuli is CHF 125,000 + VAT (USD 138,000 / EUR 118,000 + tax)– available as of now at MB&F retail partners, or at MB&F eShop.