MB&F x L’Epée x Massena LAB T-Rex Bronze (Price, Pictures and Specifications)
Straddling time from the ancient to the immediate, T-Rex Bronze creates a harmonious balance between mechanical and organic forms.
This model switches out the original steel for bronze, the copper alloy whose mastery amounted to a technological revolution so immense that it ushered in a new age of early civilization.
The feet of the T-Rex Bronze are aged to create an earthy brown patina, and the entire bronze structure is oxidized by hand to “lock in time” its colour and the unique characteristics of the material. This individual patination and stabilization mean that no two clocks are alike.
“I wanted this collaboration to capture the fun and child-like inspiration of the original, but with a material and finishing which invoke a more organic and rugged aesthetic, with a keen sense of history. “- William Massena.
MB&F x L’Epée x Massena LAB T-Rex Bronze
· Technical Details: MB&F X L’Epée X Massena LAB T-Rex Bronze
· Components: 201 (movement + body)
· Function: Hours and Minutes
· Dial: Murano hand blown glass
· Materials: Bronze
· Finishing: Polishing, satin-finish and sandblasting. Chemical oxidation to achieve the brown colour and handmade patination.
· Designed by MB&F, made by L’Epée (please read more about here) and re-imagined by Massena LAB.
· The legs of T-Rex are modelled directly on actual Tyrannosaurus Rex bones, using 3D scans of fossilised dinosaur skeletons as references to create verisimilitude in the final design.
· Exclusive handmade patination process.
· Unique limited edition of 15 pieces in bronze.
· L’Epée 1839 movement, designed and manufactured in-house
· Balance frequency: 2.5 Hz / 18,000 vph
· Power reserve: 8 days
· Movement components: 138
· Jewels: 17
· Time setting: winding key to both set the time (in the centre of the dial) and wind the movement (on the barrel axis at the back)
· Body Components: 63
· Materials: Bronze
· Finishing: Polished, satin-finishing, sandblasting, oxidation, and hand patination
· Dimensions: 265 mm tall x 258 mm x 178 mm
· Total components (movement + body): 201
· Weight: approximately 2Kg or 4.5lbs.
The price for the MB&F x L’Epée x Massena LAB T-Rex Bronze is $27,000 and is limited edition to 15 pieces.