Oris Art Blakey Limited Edition (Price, Pictures and Specifications)
Oris returns to its long-running series of jazz watches with a piece inspired by the American jazz drummer and bandleader Art Blakey. Art was born in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania in 1919, and made his name in the 1940s and 1950s playing alongside fellow icons of jazz Thelonious Monk, Charlie Parker and Dizzy Gillespie, all of whom Oris has previously celebrated with limited edition watches.
In the 1950s, Art formed the Jazz Messengers and would go on to play with them for more than three decades. He died in 1990 and won a Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award in 2005.
The watch, which is a time-only automatic, features a dial decorated with the eight claws from Art’s bass drum, and a case back with a cymbal inlay. The watch is limited to 1,000 pieces.
Oris Art Blakey Limited Edition
Ref. No. 01 733 7762 4081 - Set Limited to 1,000 pieces
· Material: Multi-piece stainless steel case
· Size: 38.00 mm, 1.496 inches
· Top Glass: Sapphire, domed on both sides, anti-reflective coating inside
· Case back: Stainless steel, screwed, special engravings and cymbal inlay
· Operating Devices: Stainless steel crown
· Water Resistance: 3 bar
· Interhorn Width: 20 mm
· Number: Oris 733, base SW 200-1
· Dimensions: Ø 25.60 mm, 11 1/2’’’
· Functions: Centre hands for hours, minutes and seconds, fine timing device and stop-second
· Winding: Automatic winding, with bi-directionally rotating red rotor
· Power-Reserve: 38 hours
· Vibrations: 4 Hz (28’800 A/h)
· Jewels: 26
· Design: Silver white opaline with applied drum claws
· Luminous Material: Hands filled with Super-LumiNova
· Indices: Applied
· Strap: Brown leather strap with stainless steel folding clasp
· Extras: Special box, limited to 1,000 pieces
· Availability October
The price for the Oris Art Blakey Limited Edition is CHF 1,950.