Oris Artelier Collection
Over the years, Oris has supported non-profit organisations that protect endangered species or conserve threatened habitats (see here Oris Clipperton and Oris Hammerhead). In 2018 Oris is deepening its commitment to protecting our environment with a series of sustainably sourced and produced leather straps. These straps will appear in the company’s classic collection of Artelier watches.
The Artelier collection celebrates the charm, craftsmanship and heritage of Swiss watchmaking with a series of elegantly designed watches that wear handsomely on the wrist. Oris has been making watches on the same site in the village of Hölstein since 1904 and has a rich watchmaking tradition. Artelier watches remember the vision of the company’s founders: to create beautifully crafted and authentic mechanical watches that make sense in the real world.
The founders also believed in making life and the world around us better – they built houses for their staff, ran bus services for those who lived in surrounding towns and cities, and broke down barriers with their progressive approach to employing women. They were ahead of their time in so many ways.
Today, Oris continues that legacy in its products, and in particular with the Artelier collection’s new line of sustainable straps, conceived to bring #ChangeForTheBetter.
The leather used in these new straps fulfils the demanding standards of the European Centre for Allergy Research Foundation (ECARF) and is manufactured according to the stringent requirements and ecological standards of the International Association of Textiles (IVN). The colours used are non-allergic, heavy-metal free and have no artificial colour layers on the surface. Each strap is made of natural, unsealed leather, making them comfortable and breathable. They will also age naturally over time to give each strap a unique patina that tells the wearer’s story.
Oris Artelier Grande Lune, Date Diamonds
Ref. No. 01 763 7723 4951 LS, Ø 36.00 mm
• Automatic movement Oris Cal. 763, based on Sellita SW 220-1, with ‘grande lune’ moon phase display at 12 o’clock, and date at 6 o’clock
• Quick moon phase adjustment system operated through crown at 3 o’clock
• Multi-piece stainless steel case with 72 brilliant-cut diamonds (0.576 carat)
set into the bezel, stainless steel crown. Water-resistant to 5 bar
• Screwed stainless steel case back with see-through mineral glass
• Double-domed sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating inside
• Silver guilloché dial with 11 full-cut diamond hour markers and applied
indices (0.042 carat, full-cut, Si, colour H). Nickel hour, minute and seconds
• Black or brown sustainable leather strap with stainless steel folding clasp
• Swiss retail price CHF 4,300
Oris Artelier Date
Ref. No. 01 733 7721 4051/53 LS, Ø 40.00 mm
• Automatic movement Oris Cal. 733, based on SW200-1, with date at 6 o’clock
• Multi-piece stainless steel case and stainless steel crown. Water-resistant to 5 bar
• Sapphire crystal domed on both sides with anti-reflective coating inside
• Screwed stainless steel case back with see-through mineral crystal
• Silver or anthracite guilloché dial with applied nickel indices. Nickel hour and
minute hands filled with Super-LumiNova. Nickel second hand
• Black or brown sustainable leather strap (on silver dial) or brown sustainable
leather strap (on anthracite dial) with stainless steel folding clasp
• Swiss retail price CHF 1,500
Oris Artelier Complication
Ref. No. 01 781 7729 4031/51 LS, Ø 40.00 mm
• Automatic mechanical movement Cal. 781, based on Sellita SW 200-1, with subdials for the date at 9 o’clock, the day at 3 o’clock and a 24-hour second time zone at 6 o’clock. Moon phase window at 12 o’clock
• Multi-piece stainless steel case, crown and pusher for setting second time zone, day and date. Water-resistant to 5 bar
• Sapphire crystal domed on both sides and with anti-reflective coating inside
• Screwed case back with transparent mineral glass
• Silver guilloché dial with applied rose gold-plated or blue painted indices and
hands. Hour and minute hands filled with Super-LumiNova
• Brown sustainable leather strap (on rose gold version) or brown sustainable
leather strap (on blue version) with stainless steel folding clasp
• Swiss retail price CHF 2,050