Oris Carl Brashear Cal. 401 Limited Edition (Price, Pictures and Specifications)
Oris Carl Brashear Cal. 401 Limited Edition was created for the support of the Carl Brashear Foundation. Furthermore, Oris is delighted that this special watch, which is limited to 2,000 pieces, becomes the first watch to carry Oris Calibre 401, the second movement from their new family of in-house automatics.
The new watch is cased in 40 mm of bronze, a material chosen to symbolize not just the diving helmets worn by Carl during his career as a U.S. Navy Master Diver, but also, because it’s a metal that will tell its own story.
Bronze is a natural material that patinates as it reacts with oxygen in the air and moisture from your skin. Over time, it will take on a unique finish, like a visual chronicle of the wearer’s own life wearing the watch.
Inside it is the automatic Oris Calibre 401. Based on Calibre 400, launched last year, it was designed from the ground up by Oris’s in-house watchmakers. As well as being more accurate than a chronometer (to within -3 to +5 seconds a day), it solves many of the mechanical movement problems of our time by offering heightened levels of anti-magnetism, a five-day power reserve and a 10-year extended warranty.
Oris Calibre 401 differs from Calibre 400 (please read more about here) in that it features a small seconds at 6 o’clock, an Oris signature. It’s a movement designed to overcome life’s knocks – a timeless symbol of the spirit shown by Carl Brashear throughout his life of service.
The watch also has a blue dial, inspired by naval tradition, a uni-directional rotating bronze bezel with a diving scale in relief, and a custom-designed, hand-crafted, moisture-wicking woven elastic nylon webbing strap produced for this watch by Erika’s Originals.
Oris Carl Brashear Cal. 401 Limited Edition
Oris and the Carl Brashear Foundation collaborate on the first watch powered by Oris’s latest in-house calibre, the five-day power reserve Calibre 401
Reference: 01 401 7764 3185-Set
· Multi-piece bronze case, uni-directional rotating bronze bezel with timing scale in relief
· Size: 40.00 mm (1.575 inches)
· Dial: Blue
· Luminous material: Hands and indices with Super-LumiNova
· Top glass: Sapphire, domed on both sides, anti-reflective coating inside
· Case back: Stainless steel, screwed, special engravings
· Operating devices: Bronze screw-in security crown
· Strap: Blue woven elastic nylon webbing strap with bronze buckle, specially produced in partnership with Erika’s Originals
· Water resistance: 10 bar (100 m)
· Number Oris Calibre 401
· Functions: Centre hands for hours and minutes, small seconds at 6 o’clock, fine timing device and stop-second
· Accuracy: -3/+5 seconds a day (within COSC tolerances)
· Extra features: Highly anti-magnetic
· Winding: Automatic
· Power reserve: 120 hours
Warranty: Extended to 10 years with MyOris sign-up. Applies to watch and movement. 10-year recommended service intervals, five-year recommended water-resistance check
The price for the Oris Carl Brashear Cal. 401 Limited Edition Ref. 01 401 7764 3185-Set is CHF 3,900 and is available from January 2021. The watch is limited edition to 2,000 pieces, each delivered in a special presentation box.