Oris Carysfort Reef Limited Edition (Price, Pictures and Specification)
A golden vision
Oris is delighted to announce the Carysfort Reef Limited Edition, the second limited edition diver’s watch made in partnership with Coral Restoration Foundation, the world’s leading coral restoration organisation. By the end of this year, the foundation will have outplanted over 30,000 corals on Florida’s Carysfort Reef, a golden moment Oris is proud to join it in celebrating.
Oris is committed to raising significant funds for Coral Restoration Foundation. The independent Swiss watch company will donate three 18-carat yellow gold watches from the run of 50 limited edition pieces to the non-profit organisation, which will auction numbers 02/50, 03/50 and 04/50 at a series of events this spring. The purpose of this special gold edition is to raise as much as possible in support of the foundation's pioneering activities.
The first Oris diver’s watch in solid 18-carat gold
The Oris Carysfort Reef Limited Edition is based on Oris’s high-performance Aquis diver's watch and features the same standard specifications, including water resistance to 300 metres. But it is the first Oris diver’s watch produced in solid 18-carat yellow gold – the case, bezel, crown and crown protectors are all made of the precious material. Its hands are yellow-gold-plated and filled with luminescent Super-LumiNova, including the ‘lollipop’ central seconds hand.
The automatic mechanical watch has a GMT, or second time zone function, indicated by a central hand that makes a full tour of the dial once every 24 hours. A second time zone can be read off against a 24-hour chapter ring on the dial, while a laser-engraved 24-hour scale on the bi-directional rotating bezel can be used to indicate a third time zone. The bezel insert is made of scratch- and fade-resistant black and blue ceramic, designed to indicate day and night time for an additional time zone.
The watch has a sapphire crystal over a gradient blue dial that darkens towards the edge, and a date window at 3 o’clock. The solid gold case back has a sapphire crystal inlay decorated with the limited edition number and a special motif celebrating Coral Restoration Foundation’s milestone of 30,000 corals planted. It’s set on a blue leather strap with a rubber coating, and each of the 50 pieces made will be presented in a special wooden box.
Oris Carysfort Reef Limited Edition
Ref. no. 01 798 7754 6185 – Set Limited to 50 pieces
· Material: Multi-piece solid 18-carat yellow gold case with a bi-directional rotating bezel with black and blue ceramic insert and laser-engraved 24-hour scale
· Size: 43.50 mm, 1.713 inches
· Top glass: Sapphire, domed on both sides, anti-reflective coating inside
· Case back: Solid 18-carat yellow gold with a sapphire crystal inlay printed with the limited edition number and a special Carysfort Reef motif
· Operating devices: Solid 18-carat yellow gold screw-in security crown
· Water resistance: 30 bar/300 m
· Interhorn width: 24 mm
· Number: Oris 798, base SW 330-1
· Dimensions: Ø 25.60 mm, 11 1/2’’’
· Functions: Centre hands for hours, minutes, seconds and 24 hours, date window at 3 o’clock, instantaneous date, date and 24-hour corrector, fine timing device and stop-second
· Winding: Automatic
· Power reserve: 42 hours
· Vibrations: 4 Hz (28’800 A/h)
· Jewels: 28
· Design: Blue, 24-hour time zone indicator
· Luminous material: Hour markers and hands filled with Super-LumiNova
Strap: Blue leather with rubber coating and 18-carat yellow gold pin buckle
The price for the Oris Carysfort Reef Limited Edition is CHF 17,900 and will be available from April 2020. The watch will come with a special wooden presentation box.