Oris Hangang Limited Edition (Price, Pictures and Specifications)
On our own, no matter who we are or how big we are, cleaning up the world’s waters is too big a task. We have to work together to bring Change for the Better. Oris is delighted to announce a new partnership with Seoul KFEM, part of the Korea Federation for Environmental Movements, South Korea’s largest environmental non-governmental organization.
One of Seoul KFEM’s projects is to clean up and protect the Hangang River, which runs through South Korea’s capital city. The river is a vital source of water for the 10 million people who live there, but years of neglect have dramatically reduced the quality of the water.
As part of the new partnership, Oris will be supporting a series of clean-up days Seoul KFEM has scheduled for later this year. During these, hundreds of local volunteers will work along the river to pick up litter, plastic and other harmful pollutants. The events will also help raise awareness of the importance of clean water in Seoul.
To support the organisation’s wider mission to protect the river, Oris is also introducing the Oris Hangang Limited Edition. Sales of the 2,000-piece limited edition watch will help fund the Hangang clean-up project.
The watch is based on Oris’s high-performance Aquis diver’s watch and shares the same function and performance pro le. It has a 43.50 mm stainless steel case with a unidirectional rotating bezel for safely recording dive times.
The deep green colour of both the ceramic bezel insert and the dial are inspired by creek waters found at the Hangang’s source.
The Oris Hangang Limited Edition is water-resistant to 30 bars (300 metres) and is powered by an automatic movement that provides the watch with a small second and a circular date window. The case back is decorated with an engraving of a map of the Hangang’s path across Korea, and the limited-edition number.
Oris Hangang Limited Edition
Based on Oris’s high-performance Aquis diver’s watch, this limited edition supports Seoul KFEM’s mission to clean, protect and restore the Hangang River
· Reference: 743 7734 4187-Set
· Case: Multi-piece stainless steel case, unidirectional rotating bezel with ceramic insert
· Size: 43.50 mm (1.713 inches)
· Dial: Gradient green
· Luminous material: Hands and indices with Super-LumiNova
· Top glass: Sapphire, domed on both sides, anti-reflective coating inside
· Case back: Stainless steel, screwed, special engravings of the Hangang River map
· Operating devices: Stainless steel screw-in security crown with crown protection
· Bracelet: Stainless steel metal bracelet, security folding clasp with extension
· Water resistance: 30 bars (300 m)
· Movement: Oris 743
· Functions: Centre hands for hours and minutes, continuous seconds hand at 9 o’clock, circular date window with white indicator, date corrector, fine timing device and stop-second
· Winding: Automatic
· Power reserve: 38 hours
· Limited edition: 2,000 pieces, each delivered in a special presentation box
The price for the Oris Hangang Limited Edition ref. 743 7734 4187 is CHF 2,500 and is available from August 2020.