Oris X Momotaro Divers Sixty-Five Limited Edition (Price, Pictures and Specifications)
Oris is proud to introduce the Oris x Momotaro, a special edition watch produced in collaboration with Momotaro Jeans, the spirited Japanese company whose high- quality jeans are worn by style-savvy people in the Far East and around the world.
The new watch is a steel and bronze version of the iconic Oris Divers Sixty-Five (please read more about here) and comes on an indigo Momotaro denim strap with two white “battle stripes”, the denim manufacturer’s famous signature.
Named after a Japanese folklore hero, Momotaro was launched in 2006 by Mr Hisao Manabe. Its roots lie in his textile company, which he established in 1992 with just three employees in the small coastal town of Kojima in Okayama.
From the outset, Mr Manabe’s vision was clear: no compromise on quality. His denim would use only the finest long-staple cotton, and only deep indigo rope dye to achieve the best possible fade. His workshops would use vintage shuttle looms to create a hand- made feel to the weave, and every detail would be hand-sewn. Mr Manabe wanted to set a new international denim standard.
Nearly 30 years later, Mr Manabe’s company employs 140 people in factories, stores and offices in Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto and Okayama. Okayama, once depressed, is now a denim capital, revived by enterprises that grew up around Mr Manabe’s businesses. Momotaro today is known by its mantra: “Made by hand without compromise”.
For Oris, this new partnership just makes sense. The independent Swiss watch company combines precision manufacturing with traditional hand-craftsmanship to make beautiful, high-quality watches. The Oris x Momotaro celebrates a shared spirit.
Oris X Momotaro Oris Divers Sixty-Five Limited Edition
This special steel and bronze version of the Oris Divers Sixty-Five is made in collaboration with the independent Japanese company Momotaro Jeans.
· Case: Multi-piece stainless steel case, unidirectional rotating bezel with bronze edge
· Size: 40.00 mm (1.575 inches)
· Dial: Gradient green
· Luminous material: Hands and indices with Super-LumiNova “Light Old Radium”
· Top glass: Bubble-curved sapphire, domed on both sides, anti-reflective coating inside
· Case back: Stainless steel, screwed, special engravings
· Operating devices: Stainless steel screw-in security crown
· Strap: Indigo Momotaro denim with two white “battle stripes”, stainless steel buckle
· Water resistance: 10 bars (100 m)
· Movement: Oris 733
· Functions: Centre hands for hours, minutes and seconds, fine timing device and stop-second
· Winding: Automatic
· Power reserve: 38 hours
· Special edition: Supplied in a denim travel pouch
The price for the Oris X Momotaro Oris Divers Sixty-Five Limited Edition is CHF 2,100 and will be available from May 2020.