Panerai Luminor Blu Mare – 44 MM (Price, Pictures and Specifications)
Evoking its glorious history and exhibiting a proud and daring character, Panerai continues in the tireless pursuit to expand and enhance its legacy with the Luminor Blu Mare – 44 mm (PAM01085), which possesses a strong, unmistakable presence.
The name “Blu Mare”, or “blue sea” in English, is a clear reference to the marine heritage of Panerai.
Forged and turned in AISI 316L steel, a high-performance low-carbon metal characterized by good resistance to corrosion, the Luminor Blu Mare – 44 mm has a look that recalls in the clean, angular lines of the case the visual codes of the Luminor of the 1990s.
Revived in the aesthetic dimension with carefully perfected mechanical components, it conforms its design codes to the latest generation of manual Luminors.
The first Luminor Blu Mare in the collection to feature a blue dial, it is enhanced by satiné soleil decoration along with hour and minute hands with a rhodium finish and with a view to respecting tradition – includes a strap attached to the lugs with the Panerai Screw System.
The typeface applied to the numerals at the cardinal points of the dial are a further reference to models from the end of the 20th century. They have been etched exactly like the linear indexes and then filled with green Super-LumiNova enabling a sharper and more lasting legibility in low light conditions.
The presence of the double arrow “OP” logo is another distinctive brand signature. The stylized representation of the Officine Panerai’s initials dates back to the 1980s and has become an icon of the brand.
Consistent with Panerai’s long tradition of mechanical watchmaking, Luminor Blu Mare – 44 mm contains a manually wound movement, entirely designed and developed in-house by the Panerai Manufacture in Neuchâtel.
Extremely secure, thanks to the twin bridges supporting the regulator, the Caliber P.6000 is equipped with an Incabloc shockproof device and possesses a three- day power reserve driven by a single barrel.
Water-resistant up to 10 bars (about 100 meters), the new Luminor Blu Mare – 44 mm is completed by a calfskin strap in blue with beige stitching and secured with a pin buckle in brushed steel.
An additional complementary blue rubber strap is also included as part of the package, along with a special screwdriver for changing the straps and removing the buckle.
Panerai Luminor Blu Mare – 44 MM
· Reference: PAM01085
· Movement: Mechanical manual winding, Caliber P.6000, 151⁄2 lignes, 4.5 mm thick, 110 components, 19 jewels, 21,600 vibrations / hour, Incabloc shock-proof device, single barrel. Entirely made by Panerai.
· Function: Hours, minutes, small seconds.
· Power Reserve: Three days.
· Case: Made of polished AISI 316L steel, 44 mm diameter, 13.05 mm thick, polished steel bezel. Safety Lock crown protection device (protected by trade-mark) in brushed steel. Sapphire crystal obtained from corundum. Dodecagonal pressure-fit case-back in brushed steel.
· Dial: Blue with satiné soleil decoration, with Arabic numerals and indices in green Super-LumiNova with green luminescence. Seconds at 9 o’clock, “OP” logo at 6 o’clock.
· Strap: Calfskin, blue with beige stitching, with trapezoidal pin buckle in satin steel. Additional rubber strap, blue.
· Water Resistance: 10 bars (~100 meters).
The price for the Panerai Luminor Blu Mare – 44 MM ref. PAM01085 is Euro 5,200.