Panerai Luminor Chrono Goldtech Blu Notte PAM01111
Taming time, pacing epic competitions, synchronizing heroic missions: they are weighty responsibilities that hold success or failure in the balance, and therefore must be entrusted to tools with advanced mechanics. It is a world of precision and performance in which Panerai has distinguished itself since the 1940s. Today the brand reaffirms its role in the sphere of chronography.
Panerai began perfecting its expertise in the category as early as 1943, the reference year of the Mare Nostrum project, a model designed to serve the deck officers of the Italian Navy, developed only to the prototype stage, one of which is carefully preserved in the Panerai museum in Florence. Its mastery has extended into the 21st century, with the introduction of a series of efficient, high-performance new proprietary calibres developed by the research and development department within the Neuchâtel manufacture, the legendary Laboratorio di Idee, a hub for innovation and avant-garde imagination.
The sporting complication par excellence, Panerai’s return to the field of chronographs is enhanced by the preciousness of Panerai Goldtech, a type of gold distinguished by high percentages of copper and platinum, the metals responsible for its intense color, and heightened resistance to oxidation. This alloy lends an aesthetic dimension and mechanical properties that do not go unnoticed in the Luminor Chrono Goldtech Blu Notte (PAM01111).
A specimen with a precious and refined essence balanced by the powerful pro le of the iconic Luminor case, its sporty features include chronograph buttons, diverted to the left of the case, a complement to the crown protecting bridge and as a tachymeter scale on the flange, useful for calculating the average speed over a predefined distance, in kilometers or miles.
Shielded by a smokey sapphire glass window, integrated into the case-back and decorated in a wave pattern through a metallization process, the movement is the new Caliber P.9200, solid and reliable. The self-winding chronograph features a 42- hour power reserve, resulting from the energy stored inside a single barrel.
Water-resistant up to 5 bar (about 50 meters deep), the Panerai Luminor Chrono Goldtech Blu Notte is paired with a deep blue alligator leather strap fitted with a trapezoidal pin buckle in brushed Panerai Goldtech. An additional technical rubber strap, also in deep blue, multiplies the opportunities to customize the model as does a screwdriver for its replacement and removal of the buckle.
Panerai Luminor Chrono Goldtech Blu Notte
· Reference: PAM01111
· Movement: Mechanical automatic, P.9200 caliber, 13 1⁄4 lignes, 6.9mm thick, 41 jewels,
· 28,800 vibrations / hour, Glucydur balance wheel, Incabloc shockproof device, single barrel.
· Functions: Hours, minutes, small seconds, chronograph.
· Power Reserve: 42 hours.
· Case: Goldtech brushed case, diameter 44mm, thickness 15.1mm. Polished bezel. Safety Lock crown protection device (protected by trademark), lever, crown and chrono pushers in brushed Goldtech. Sapphire crystal. Twelve-sided screwed caseback in polished Goldtech, with sapphire crystal caseback customized with wave pattern and OP logo applied with metallization process.
· Dial: Blu Notte with satiné soleil finishing, sandwich structure, with Arabic numerals and indexes in white Super-LumiNova with green luminescence. Seconds at 9 o’clock, chronograph minutes counter at 3 o’clock, central chronograph seconds hand, tachymeter scale on the flange. Golden hands.
· Strap: Alligator leather, deep blue, with trapezoidal pin buckle in satin Goldtech. Additional rubber strap, deep blue.
· Water-Resistance: 5 bar (~50 meters).
The Price for the Panerai Luminor Chrono Goldtech Blu Notte PAM01111 is EUR 26,500.