Panerai Luminor Luna Rossa GMT – 44 mm PAM01036 (Price, Pictures and Specifications)
Panerai presents a new offering with dual time zone function strongly inspired by the Challenger of Record of the 36th America’s Cup, an authentic synthesis of Italian spirit and invention.
Panerai and Luna Rossa share a common mission: perfecting visionary tools destined to change the rules of the game. Today, that mission is renewed and solidified through a privileged partnership with a special dimension, the support provided by the Luminor Luna Rossa GMT – 44 mm (PAM01036).
Unprecedented in its design, revolutionary in its mechanics and distinguished in its materials, the new Panerai Luminor Luna Rossa GMT – 44 mm is a model with a high degree of sophistication. It is a pure expression the affinity between Panerai and the Team that first launched the challenge to the Defender of the 36th America’s Cup, the final act of which is expected in Auckland, New Zealand, in 2021.
An embodiment of creativity, excellence and thoroughly Italian technical innovation, Luminor Luna Rossa GMT – 44 mm incorporates cutting-edge materials Panerai has in common with the Luna Rossa Team, like titanium, a metal with hypoallergenic properties and unrivalled lightness and corrosion resistance. With the addition of special carbon-based DLC coating the metal has an increased degree of wear resistance.
Introduced to support Team Luna Rossa in the race for the 36th America’s Cup, the Luminor Luna Rossa GMT – 44 mm highlights and rea rms its role as Official Watch with a personalized inscription on the dial as well as an intricate engraving on the case back. But above all, it explores new frontiers with the dial itself, which is covered in a thin layer of technical fabric from the sailing equipment of the AC75 monohull of Luna Rossa.
Selected to ensure the ultimate mechanical performance, the Caliber P.9010/GMT, designed and developed entirely by the Panerai Manufacture in Neuchâtel, stands out for the presence of dual barrels that store sufficient energy for a three-day power reserve and rapid time adjustment connected to the modification of the date. The GMT function is crucial for synchronizing with the time zone of Luna Rossa as it is approaching to the 36th America’s Cup.
Water-resistant up to 30 bars (about 300 meters deep), the new Luminor Luna Rossa GMT – 44 mm is equipped with a Ponte Vecchio calfskin strap in black with white stitching. An additional black rubber strap is included, along with a box wrapped in technical sail fabric and personalized with the Panerai and Luna Rossa logos. Also enclosed is a certificate attesting to the authenticity of the technical material from Luna Rossa that composes the coating of the dial.
Panerai Luminor Luna Rossa GMT – 44 mm
· Reference: PAM01036
· Movement: Mechanical with automatic winding, Caliber P.9010/GMT, 133⁄4 lignes, 6.0 mm thick, 199 components, 31 jewels, 28,800 vibrations/hour, Glucydur balance, Incabloc shockproof device, two barrels. Made entirely by Panerai.
· Functions: Hours, minutes, small seconds, date, GMT.
· Power Reserve: 3 days.
· Case: Titanium with black DLC coating, 44 mm diameter, 15.65 mm thick. Titanium bezel with black DLC coating. Safety Lock Panerai titanium device with black DLC coating. Sapphire crystal obtained from corundum. Screwed dodecagonal case back, in titanium with black DLC coating, with Luna Rossa logo, Luna Rossa AC75 monohull and engraving of the America’s Cup trophy.
· Dial: Dark gray, sandwich structure, covered with technical sail fabric, with Arabic numerals and indices in white Super-LumiNova with green luminescence. Customized with “Luna Rossa Challenger 36th America’s Cup”. Seconds at 9 o’clock, date at 3 o’clock.
· Strap: In “Ponte Vecchio” calfskin, black with white stitching. Trapezoidal pin buckle in titanium with black DLC coating. Additional strap in black rubber.
· Waterproof: 30 bars (~300 meters).
The price for the Panerai Luminor Luna Rossa GMT – 44 mm ref. PAM01036 is $10,900.