Panerai Luminor Marina – 44 mm PAM01117 (Price, Pictures and Specifications)
Exactly 70 years after the introduction of the tritium-based luminous substance Luminor, the name of which later came to identify one of the brand’s most emblematic model ranges, Panerai has once again gone off the beaten track by creating a brilliant, innovative model with even greater luminosity: the Luminor Marina – 44 mm (PAM01117). It is guaranteed for 70 years.
The new Luminor Marina – 44 mm explores a hitherto untried aesthetic aspect, involving enhanced visibility. This is an important evolutionary step in a development process concerning the mastery of the emission of light which has been carried out by the brand since the 1940s. Today it has been further perfected, amplified and enhanced by the use of a Super-LumiNova of the very latest generation.
The luminescence of the Luminor Marina – 44 mm disrupts tradition by going beyond the normal features of hour markers and hands. It breaks the borders of the luminosity, usually confined on the dial, giving the model a more striking recognisable identity.
Emerging from the darkness the decal on the dial, the rehaut and for the first time also new components like the stitching on the strap, the crown, the crown protecting bridge and its lever. Iconic elements of the Luminor case highlighted by an advanced Super-LumiNova X1 which provides a higher degree of luminosity as well as persisting longer.
Surprisingly light (100 grams including the strap) and extremely strong, it owes its characteristics to its titanium structure, which is manufactured by the technology known as Direct Metal Laser Sintering (DMLS), a process of futuristic 3D printing involving the sedimentation of titanium powder, sintered layer by layer by a high-powered optical fibre laser, 30 microns (0.03 mm) at a time.
Ensuring the model’s fundamental mechanical accuracy and performance is the P.9010 calibre, entirely conceived and developed by the Panerai Manufacture in Neuchâtel. This is an automatic movement only 6 mm thick fitted with the function for quickly setting the time, which at the same time modifies the date. The movement has a power reserve of three days, provided by its twin spring barrels.
Conscious of the technical and mechanical reliability of its time-measuring instruments, reafirmed in 2019 by the founding of the Pam. Guard care programme, Panerai raises the stakes by giving the Luminor Marina – 44 mm a 70-year warranty. Throughout this period Panerai will maintain the good working order of the client’s watch as necessary under the terms and conditions of the International warranty.
Water-resistant to 30 bars (a depth of about 300 metres), the new Luminor Marina – 44 mm is fitted with a strap made of Panerai Sportech, woven to give a waterproof rubberised effect, blue with luminous stitching and a Velcro fastener. A second rubber strap, blue with a titanium tongue buckle, is also supplied, together with a tool for changing the strap and a special box with a luminous stylised representation of the dial of the Luminor Marina on its lid.
Panerai Luminor Marina – 44 mm PAM01117
· Reference: PAM01117
· Movement: Automatic mechanical, P.9010 Calibre, 133⁄4 lignes, 6 mm thick, 200 components, 31 jewels, 28,800 alternations/hour, Glucydur balance, Incabloc anti-shock device, two spring barrels. Executed entirely by Panerai.
· Functions: Hours, minutes, small seconds, date.
· Power Reserve: 3 days.
· Case: In micro-sandblasted titanium, diameter 44 mm, 15.65 mm thick. Bezel, winding crown and Safety Lock crown-protecting device (protected by trademark) in micro- sandblasted titanium with luminescent pro le. Sapphire crystal obtained from corundum. 12-sided screw back in micro-sandblasted titanium, engraved with the words “70 Years Warranty”.
· Dial: Blue with sunray finish, sandwich structure, with Arabic numerals and hour markers in green Super-LumiNova with green luminescence. Small seconds at 9 o’clock, date at 3 o’clock.
· Strap: Made of Panerai Sportech, blue with luminous sewing, with Velcro closure and titanium ring in brushed titanium. Additional strap in blue rubber with trapezoid titanium buckle.
· Water-Resistance: 30 bars (~300 metres).
The price for the Panerai Luminor Marina – 44 mm PAM01117 is Euro 19,000, limited edition of 270 pieces and is exclusive to Boutiques.