Panerai Luminor Marina 44MM Guillaume Néry Edition PAM01122 (Price, Pictures and Specifications)
Drawing inspiration from its illustrious history and capitalizing on a wealth of technological know-how, Panerai reafirms its inseparable connection to the sea by introducing an instrument inspired by its Ambassador and constant weight freediving champion: Luminor Marina 44mm − Guillaume Néry Edition (PAM01122).
Recognizing the critical importance of legible diving instruments, Panerai celebrates the 70th anniversary of the birth of Luminor, a patented tritium-based substance with luminescent properties, with an evocative limited-edition model available in 70 pieces, and with a 70-year warranty.
Available exclusively in Panerai boutiques around the world, the new Luminor Marina − 44mm Guillaume Néry Edition is a radical distillation of innovative aesthetic elements, like the rubberized coating applied to the bezel, crown and bridge lever; the accentuated convex glass and the dial with an evocative dégradé effect that emulates the shades produced as sunlight filters through the depths of the sea.
An expression of contemporary horology, the new model reflects the sophisticated approach to working with advanced materials cultivated by the Panerai Laboratorio di Idee, including DMLS (Direct Metal Laser Sintering) technology, which shapes titanium using a 3D printing process.
Caliber P.9010, a self-winding movement measuring only 6 mm thick and designed and developed entirely within the Panerai Manufacture in Neuchâtel, completes the new Luminor Marina 44mm − Guillaume Néry Edition. The movement is equipped with double barrels for a three-day power reserve and a quick time adjustment function that can move forward or backward in increments of one hour and is connected automatically to the date indicator.
Constantly in the search in innovative methodologies to maintain and improve the performance of its instruments, Panerai redefines the concept of a guarantee by providing 70 years of coverage for the reference Luminor Marina 44mm − Guillaume Néry Edition.
Water-resistant up to 30 bar (about 300 meters deep), the Luminor Marina 44mm − Guillaume Néry Edition is equipped with a strap made from black recycled PET material with white stitching and a trapezoidal pin buckle. A white rubber technical strap, the very first to feature luminescent “Officine Panerai” personalization is included with each watch, along with a screwdriver to remove the buckle and a recycled plastic box engraved with the signature of Panerai ambassador Guillaume Néry. The caseback includes an engraving depicting the silhouette of the freediver and Ambassador Guillaume Néry.
Panerai Luminor Marina 44MM Guillaume Néry Edition
· Reference: PAM01122
· Movement: Mechanical self-winding, Caliber P.9010, 133⁄4 lignes, 6 mm thick, 200 components, 31 jewels, 28,800 vibrations / hour, Glucydur balance wheel, Incabloc shockproof device, two barrels. Made entirely by Panerai.
· Functions: Hours, minutes, small seconds, date.
· Power Reserve: 3 days.
· Case: In sandblasted DMLS titanium, diameter 44mm, thickness 16.2 mm. Safety Lock crown protection device (protected by trademark) in sandblasted titanium. Titanium bezel, crown and bridge lever with rubberized coating. Sapphire crystal. Twelve-sided screwed caseback, sandblasted titanium with DLC coating, engraved with the “70 Years Warranty” logo.
· Dial: Black with dégradé effect, sandwich structure with Arabic numerals and indexes
· in white Super-LumiNova with green luminescence. Seconds at 9 o’clock, date at 3 o’clock.
· Strap: Recycled PET, black with white stitching and trapezoidal pin buckle in titanium with DLC coating. Additional white rubber strap with luminescent “Officine Panerai” personalization.
· Water Resistance: 30 bar (~300 meters).
The price for the Panerai Luminor Marina 44MM Guillaume Néry Edition Ref. PAM01122 is EUR 19,000. The watch is a limited edition of 70 pieces and is available exclusively in Panerai boutiques around the world.