Panerai Luminor Marina DMLS - 44 mm (Price, Pictures and Specifications)
Panerai reinterprets the iconic Luminor Marina reinforcing its commitment in high-tech materials field. The Panerai Luminor Marina – 44 mm (PAM01662), reflects the extraordinary balance by combining high-tech features with a sportier profile. The fundamental principle underlying the model is technical and aesthetic enhancement of its constituent materials. The effect is achieved with the mix of DMLS titanium and Carbotech, expression of Panerai know-how.
Surprisingly light and at the same time incredibly resilient, the case is made of titanium with Direct Metal Laser Sintering (DMLS) technology, a futuristic 3D printing process by which titanium powder, sintered by a high power fibre optic laser, takes a solid shape that grows 30 microns (0.03 mm) at a time. It is a one of a kind processes because it can create a hollow cavity within.
This material, together with the equally advanced Carbotech, a carbon composite developed by the Panerai Laboratorio di Idee, used for the bezel, crown and lever of the Safety Lock crown protection bridge, opens up to a contemporary and openly unconventional aesthetic dimension. An unpolished anthracite dial with tone-on-tone SuperLumiNova indexes and numbers, enhances the monochrome visual identity.
On the mechanical front, applying the P.9010 Caliber, a recurring presence in the history of Panerai Luminor Marina family, was a foregone conclusion. The self-winding movement measures just 6 mm thick and was entirely designed and developed by the Panerai Manufacture in Neuchâtel. It is equipped with a rapid time adjustment function that also changes the date and is supported by a 3-day power reserve supplied by a double barrel.
Waterproof up to 30 bar (about 300 meters deep) the new Luminor Marina – 44 mm is accompanied by a black Panerai Sportech strap with anthracite stitching. A second technical rubber strap, in black, completes the package, together with a specific screwdriver for its removal and for replacing the buckle.
Panerai Luminor Marina DMLS - 44 mm
· Referemce: PAM01662
· Movement: Mechanical with automatic winding, Caliber P.9010, 133⁄4 lignes, 6 mm thick, 200 components, 31 jewels, 28,800 vibrations/hour, Glucydur balance, Incabloc shockproof device, two barrels. Entirely made by Panerai.
· Functions: Hours, minutes, small seconds, date.
· Power Reserve: Three days.
· Case: In sandblasted DMLS titanium, diameter 44 mm, thickness 14.2. Carbotech bezel, crown and lever. Safety Lock crown protection device (protected by trademark) in sandblasted titanium. Sapphire crystal obtained from corundum. Screwed dodecagonal case back, in titanium with black DLC coating.
· Clock Face: Anthracite, sandwich structure, with Arabic numerals and indexes in gray Super-LumiNova with green luminescence. Seconds at 9 o’clock, date at 3 o’clock.
· Strap: In Panerai Sportech, black with anthracite stitching, with trapezoidal pin buckle in titanium with black DLC coating. Additional rubber strap, black.
· Resistance: 30 bars (~300 meters).
The price for the Panerai Luminor Marina DMLS - 44 mm ref. PAM01662 is $15,000.