Panerai Luminor Marina Fibratech – 44 mm PAM01663 (Price, Pictures and Specifications)
In the field of the science of materials, Panerai is again defying the known limits by means of a surprising discovery involving mineral basalt fibres, a special element which forms part of the new Panerai Fibratech watches. A solution used for the very first time in the watch industry and introduced today as a preview with the new Luminor Marina Fibratech – 44 mm (PAM01663).
Obtained with natural and eco-sustainable row fibers, Fibratech is a composite with remarkable physical and mechanical properties. It is 60% lighter than steel, resilient and highly resistant to corrosion, and it has come into being as a result of the state-of-the-art technical expertise of the Panerai Laboratorio di Idee.
Tested in the aerospace industry, then further developed and re ned by Panerai in order to give shape to its watches, Fibratech is made from unidirectional mineral fibres produced by the fusion of basalt rock; these fibers, binded with polymers, become thin layers which are superimposed in a precise orientation and then consolidated through a pressure and temperature controlled process.
This high-tech discovery is ready to make its own high-performance contribution to the next generation of Panerai Fibratech watches, of which the Luminor Marina Fibratech (PAM01663) is the first example.
With a highly non-homogenous matt grey appearance, but above all with a look that is absolutely impossible to replicate since it depends completely on the cut of the material, Fibratech opens up new and exciting opportunities for Panerai in the technical and aesthetic spheres.
Used for the case of this model, it is the predominant material of a mixture which is set off and enhanced by the Carbotech used for the bezel and the crown bridge lever. It is another proprietary composite of the brand, consistently and surprisingly impressive for its method of construction, its mechanical characteristics and its expressive rendering.
Ensuring an equally high standard on the mechanical front is the P.9010 calibre, entirely conceived and developed by the Panerai Manufacture in Neuchâtel. This is an automatic movement only 6 mm thick, fitted with the function for quickly setting the time, which at the same time modifies the date. The movement has a power reserve of three days, provided by its twin spring barrels.
Water-resistant to 30 bars (a depth of about 300 metres), the new Luminor Marina Fibratech – 44 mm is fitted with a strap made of Panerai Sportech, a woven material giving a waterproof rubberised effect, blue with white stitching, fitted with a trapezoid titanium buckle with black DLC coating. A second rubber strap in blue is also supplied, together with a screwdriver for removing the buckle.
Panerai Luminor Marina Fibratech – 44 mm
· Reference: PAM01663
· Movement: Automatic mechanical, P.9010 Calibre, 133⁄4 lignes, 6 mm thick, 200 components, 31 jewels, 28,800 alternations/hour, Glucydur balance, Incabloc anti-shock device, two spring barrels.
· Functions: Hours, minutes, small seconds, date.
· Power Reserve: 3 days.
· Case: In Fibratech, diameter 44 mm, 15.65 mm thick. Bezel, crown and crown bridge lever in Carbotech, Safety Lock crown-protecting device (protected by trademark) in Fibratech. Sapphire crystal obtained from corundum. 12-sided screw back in micro-sandblasted titanium.
· Dial: Blue with a graded effect, sandwich structure, with Arabic numerals and hour markers in white Super-LumiNova with green luminescence. Small seconds at 9 o’clock, date at 3 o’clock.
· Strap: Made of Panerai Sportech, blue with white sewing, with trapezoidal buckle in titanium with black DLC coating. Additional strap in blue rubber
· Water-Resistance: 30 bars (~300 metres).
The price for the Panerai Luminor Marina Fibratech – 44 mm ref. PAM01663 is $16,000.