Panerai Luminor Marina Fibratech – 44 MM (Price, Pictures and Specifications)
On the 70th anniversary of the first use of Luminor, a self-luminous substance based on tritium dating from 1950 which became an aesthetic and functional expression of the brand, Panerai turns the spotlight on that most signi cant year by renewing a true tradition with an exciting new product: the Luminor Marina Fibratech – 44 (PAM01119). Guaranteed for 70 years.
A special edition, available exclusively in Panerai boutiques throughout the world and produced in a limited edition of 270 units, it experiments a new expressive language through an extensive use of Super-Luminova, result of the fusion of tradition and advanced research, benchmarks which form the basis of Panerai’s cultural and historical heritage
Distinctive sign of the new Panerai Luminor Marina Fibratech – 44 mm is the luminous highlighting of iconic elements such as the bridge protecting the crown, the crown itself and the locking lever, made possible by the use of an evolved Super-Luminova “X1” able to ensure a higher intensity and a longer lasting persistence. Identity confirmed on rehaut, decal dial and strap stitching.
The opaque, uneven texture that is a feature of Fibratech enhances the watch’s appearance. Mineral fibres used in Fibratech are coming from fusion of basalt rock and minerals additive. These fibres are bound with high-end polymers to become thin layers which are superimposed in a precise orientation and then consolidated through a pressure and temperature-controlled process.
The latest discovery of the Laboratorio di Idee, the creative hotbed of the brand, is now being used in Panerai’s new Fibratech watches.
As is traditional, the Luminor Marina Fibratech relies on the mechanical excellence of the calibre P.9010 automatic movement, entirely conceived and developed by the Panerai Manufacture in Neuchâtel. This is particularly sophisticated because it is fitted with the function for rapidly adjusting the hour hand, an operation which also changes the date, and it has twin spring barrels providing a power reserve of three days.
Always at the forefront in the search for new technical solutions, thus constantly improving the technical content and performance of its time-keeping instruments, Panerai has upped the rules of the game by giving the Luminor Marina Fibratech – 44 mm a guarantee of 70 years. Throughout this period Panerai will maintain the good working order of the client’s watch as necessary under the terms and conditions of the International warranty.
Water-resistant to a depth of 30 bar (a depth of about 300 metres), the new Luminor Marina Carbotech – 44 mm is fitted with a Panerai Sportech strap, black with luminescent sewing and a Velcro fastener. A second strap in black rubber with a titanium tongue buckle completes the equipment, with a special tool for changing it and a personalised box decorated with a luminous image of the iconic Luminor Marina dial on the lid.
Panerai Luminor Marina Fibratech – 44 MM
· Ref. PAM01119
· Movement: Automatic mechanical, P.9010 Calibre, 133⁄4 lignes, 6 mm thick, 200 components, 31 jewels, 28,800 alternations/hour, Glucydur balance, Incabloc anti-shock device, two spring barrels. Executed entirely by Panerai.
· Functions: Hours, minutes, small seconds, date.
· Power Reserve: 3 days.
· Case: In Fibratech, diameter 44 mm, 14.5 mm thick. Bezel, winding crown and Safety Lock crown-protecting device (protected by trademark) with luminescent pro le. Sapphire crystal obtained from corundum. 12-sided screw back in micro-sandblasted titanium, engraved with the words “70 Years Warranty”.
· Dial: Anthracite with sunray finish, sandwich structure, with Arabic numerals and hour markers in green Super-LumiNova with green luminescence, “Luminor Marina” and “Panerai” luminous inscriptions, “Automatic” in white decal. Small seconds at 9 o’clock, date at 3 o’clock. Luminescent ring round the flange.
· Strap: Made of Panerai Sportech, black with luminescent sewing, with Velcro closure
· and sandblasted titanium ring. Additional strap in black rubber with trapezoid titanium clasp buckle.
· Water-Resistance: 30 bars (~300 metres).
The price for the Panerai Luminor Marina Fibratech – 44 MM is $19,000.