Panerai Submersible Ecopangaea Tourbillon GMT 50 mm Mike Horn Edition (Price, Pictures and Specifications)
Panerai presents a special edition, available in only 5 pieces, that will allow buyers to live a once-in-a-lifetime experience in the Arctic with explorer and brand Ambassador Mike Horn.
Embark on an adventure that will face extreme conditions and touch the frontiers of the known world. In natural synergy with the indomitable spirit of one of history’s greatest explorers, Panerai furthers its leading-edge identity by giving shape and substance to an exciting new creation: Submersible EcoPangaea Tourbillon GMT - 50 mm Mike Horn Edition (PAM01108), a sophisticated and authentically environmentally sensitive watch.
The Submersible EcoPangaea Tourbillon GMT - 50 mm Mike Horn Edition is designed to be a tool for daring pioneers. With production limited to only 5 pieces and available only in Panerai boutiques, it offers access to an adrenaline-fueled, exclusive expedition to the Arctic under the supervision of Mike Horn himself. The journey is both an opportunity to test your physical limits and witness the imperilled state of our ecosystem.
Distinctly sensitive to the recycling of natural resources, conservation is an integral part of Panerai’s culture, the brand is recognized in developing innovative materials, including the new EcoPangaea high-tech steel. Composed of recycled metal from the 35-meter drive shaft of the Pangea, Mike Horn’s sailing ship, the material has been purified, perfected and finally shaped into an extraordinary Submersible, the first in the collection equipped with a tourbillon.
The new Submersible is distinguished by a unidirectional rotating bezel with polished indexes on a sandblasted base, “Arctic” blue functional details and an engraved porthole case back. A generously proportioned 50 mm case features an amplified size to house a soft iron ring that protects the movement from the negative influence of magnetic fields.
Pioneering down to its mechanics, the watch finds its ideal engine in the advanced hand-wound caliber P.2005/T, which was designed and developed entirely by the Panerai Manufacture in Neuchâtel. A skeletonized titanium movement is rooted in advanced geometries with a series of three barrels responsible for a 6-day power reserve and a 30-second tourbillon that rotates along a perpendicular axis.
Water-resistant up to 30 bar (about 300 meters deep) the new Submersible EcoPangaea Tourbillon GMT - 50 mm Mike Horn Edition includes a black rubber strap and a second strap - also in black, with anthracite stitching and a Velcro closure - made of recycled PET material. A special tool to change the straps, a screwdriver for removing the buckle and a display box made of recycled plastic are the final elements of the special edition package.
Panerai Submersible Ecopangaeatm Tourbillon GMT 50 mm Mike Horn Edition
· Reference: PAM01108
· Movement: Mechanical manual winding, skeleton, Caliber P.2005/T, 161⁄4 lignes, 10.05 mm thick, 277 components, 31 jewels, 28,800 alternations/hour, Glucydur balance, Incabloc anti-shock device, three barrels, entirely made by Panerai.
· Functions: Hours, minutes, small seconds, GMT, 24h indicator, dial side power reserve indicator, tourbillon.
· Power Reserve: 6 days.
· Case: EcoPangaea steel, 50 mm diameter. Unidirectional rotating bezel, crown, lever and Safety Lock crown protection device (protected by trademark) in brushed EcoPangaea steel. Sapphire crystal obtained from corundum. Dodecagonal screwed case back in brushed EcoPangaea steel, sapphire glass caseback with signature engraved boat silhouette.
· Dial: Absent, with Super-LumiNova filled indexes
· and luminescent points suspended on the rehaut. Seconds at 9 o’clock, power reserve indicator at 7 o’clock, AM/PM indicator at 3 o’clock.
· Strap: Rubber, black, with trapezoidal ardillon buckle in brushed steel, personalized with OP logo. Additional strap in fabric made from recycled PET, black, with anthracite stitching.
· Water Resistance: 30 bars (~300 meters)
The price for the Panerai Submersible Ecopangaea Tourbillon GMT 50 mm Mike Horn Edition ref. PAM01108 is $190,000. The watch is limited edition to 5 pieces and is a Boutique Exclusive.