Patek Philippe Ref. 5270J-001 Perpetual Calendar Chronograph (Price, Pictures and Spacifications)
As the heir of Patek Philippe’s grand 1941 classic (Ref. 1518), the Ref. 5270 Perpetual Calendar Chronograph has been available since 2018 in platinum with a golden opaline dial and a rose-gold version with a gold “goutte”-style bracelet. Now, the manufacture is extending its regular collection of this grand complication by the Ref. 5270, cased in yellow gold for the first time. It is a very elegant outfit for this timeless watch that pairs a concave bezel with two-tier lugs.
The silvery opaline dial with applied baton indexes and leaf-shaped hands in yellow gold assures excellent legibility. The displays of the perpetual calendar are tastefully balanced with an analog date at 6 o'clock and a double aperture for the day and month at 12 o'clock. They are complemented with two small round apertures for the day/night indicator and the leap year cycle as well as the typical moon-phase window.
The caliber CH 29-535 PS Q is the first chronograph movement with a perpetual calendar developed in 2011 and crafted entirely by Patek Philippe. It combines traditional architecture (horizontal clutch, column wheel and manual winder) with six patented innovations for the chronograph functions and stands out with its extremely thin calendar mechanism (1.65 mm for 182 parts).
The movement can be admired through the sapphire-crystal case back. A solid back in 18K yellow gold is part of the scope of delivery.
The new Patek Philippe Ref. 5270J-001 is worn on a hand-stitched matt chocolate brown alligator strap with large square scales secured with a yellow-gold fold-over clasp. It joins the previous platinum and rose-gold models to accommodate the individual preferences of aficionados of Patek Philippe grand complications.
Patek Philippe Ref. 5270J-001 Perpetual Calendar Chronograph
· Caliber: CH 29-535 PS Q. Manually wound mechanical movement, chronograph with column wheel, chronograph hand, instantaneous 30-minute counter and subsidiary seconds. Perpetual calendar with day, month, leap-year cycle and day/night indication in apertures, analog date Moon phases
· Diameter: 32 mm
· Height: 7 mm (of which 1.65 mm for the perpetual calendar mechanism)
· Number of parts: 456 (of which 182 for the perpetual calendar mechanism)
· Number of jewels: 33
· Power reserve: Min. 55 hours – max. 65 hours with chronograph stopped
· Balance: Gyromax
· Frequency: 28,800 semi-oscillations per hour (4 Hz)
· Balance spring: Breguet
· Balance spring stud: Adjustable
· Functions: Two-position crown: • Pushed in: To wind the watch • Pulled out: To set the time
· Displays: Center hour and minute hands; Sweep chronograph hand.
1. Subsidiary dials: – 30-minute counter between 3 and 4 o'clock – Subsidiary seconds between 8 and 9 o'clock – Date at 6 o'clock
2. Aperture displays: – Day and month, in-line at 12 o'clock – Moon phase at 6 o’clock – Day/night indication between 7 and 8 o'clock – Leap year cycle between 4 and 5 o'clock
1. Day of week between 10 and 11 o’clock
2. Month between 12 and 1 o’clock
3. Moon phase between 6 and 7 o’clock
4. Date between 11 and 12 o'clock
5. Delivered with correction stylus in ebony and 18K yellow gold
– Pushers: – Chronograph start and stop at 2 o'clock – Chronograph reset at 4 o'clock
– Hallmark: Patek Philippe Seal
– Patents: Optimized toothing profile (No. EP 1437633 - 2009); Improved precision adjustment of mesh depth (No. EP 1947531 - 2009); Improved synchronization of clutch brake (No. MPM/DF/15484 CH - 2009); Piercing of minute-counter cam (No. MPM/DF/15483 CH - 2009) Self-adjusting hammers (No. MPM/DF/15482 CH - 2009); Hammers suspended between jewel bearings (No. MPM/DF/15481 CH - 2009)
· Case: 18K yellow gold; Sapphire-crystal case back and interchangeable solid back in 18K yellow gold; Water-resistant to 30 meters
· Case dimensions: Diameter: 41 mm; Height: 12.4 mm; Width between lugs: 21 mm
· Dial: Silvery opalescent; 12 applied baton markers in 18K yellow gold; Leaf-shaped hour and minute hands in 18K yellow gold; Counterbalanced chronograph hand, arrow-shaped, Pfinodal, yellow- gold plated and sandblasted
1. Subsidiary dials offset, pierced:
- Subsidiary seconds with baton hands in 18K yellow gold
- 30-minute counter with baton hand in 18K yellow gold, sandblasted
- Analog date with baton hand in 18K yellow gold
· Strap: Hand-stitched alligator leather with large square scales, matt chocolate brown, with fold-over clasp in 18K yellow gold.
The price for the Patek Philippe Ref. 5270J-001 Perpetual Calendar Chronograph is CHF 149,000.