Patek Philippe Ref. 5990/1R-001 Nautilus Travel Time Chronograph Watch (Price, Pictures and Specifications)
Launched in 2014 in a stainless-steel version framing a black-gradient dial, the Patek Philippe Nautilus Reference 5990/1 combines three useful and practical complications: a flyback chronograph, a Travel Time function (dual time zone) and date indicated by a hand (at 12 o’clock) coupled with local time.
Patek Philippe now offers this model in a magnificent rose gold version featuring a beautiful contrast with the sunburst blue dial bearing an embossed horizontal pattern as well as luminescent-coated rose gold hands and applied hour-markers.
The self-winding chronograph caliber CH 28-520 C FUS powering this model, which is water-resistant to 120m, combines tradition (column-wheel control) with avant-garde technology (a disk-type clutch). The central seconds hand is complemented by a 60-minute counter positioned at 6 o’clock. The flyback function enables a new “in-flight” timing operation to be instantly restarted using the dedicated zero-resetting pusher at 4 o’clock, without having first stopped the hands using the 2 o’clock pusher.
The Travel Time system comprises two central hour hands. The skeletonized hand indicates home time, while its solid counterpart indicates local time. When traveling or juggling with time zones, the user can add a second time zone to the watch by adjusting the local time hand forwards or backwards in one-hour increments using the two “+” and “-” pushers located on the side of the case at 9 o’clock. Meanwhile, the open-worked hand continues to indicate home time. This ingenious mechanism is complemented by two day/night indications appearing in small apertures topped by the inscriptions LOCAL and HOME.
When owners are in their habitual country of residence or no longer need to know the time in another time zone, they can perform a very simple operation to superimpose the two hours hands which then form a single hand.
The rose gold bracelet, enhanced like the case and bezel with alternating satinated and polished finishes, is equipped with a patented Patek Philippe folding clasp secured by four independent catches.
The new rose gold Reference 5990/1R-001 joins the Nautilus collection’s existing stainless-steel Reference 5990/1A-001.
Patek Philippe Nautilus Travel Time Chronograph Ref. 5990/1R-001
• Rose gold
• Diameter (10–4 o’clock): 40.5mm
• Height: 12.53mm
• Water-resistant to 120m
• Screw-down crown
• Sapphire crystal case back
• Sunburst blue, gold applied hour markers with luminescent coating
• Local time hand: rose gold, rounded baton-style with luminescent coating
• Home time hand: skeletonized rose gold, rounded baton-style
• Caliber CH 28-520 C FUS
• Flyback chronograph
• Central chronograph hand
• 60-minute counter
• Two time zones: local and home time indication
• Day/night indication for local time and home time in apertures
• Date coupled with local time by hand
• Diameter: 31mm
• Height: 6.95mm
• Number of parts: 370
• Winding rotor: 21K gold central rotor
• Frequency: 28,800 semi-oscillations/hour (4 Hz)
• Power reserve: min. 45 hours - max. 55 hours
1. Hour hand for local time (solid)
2. Hour hand for home time (skeletonized)
3. Minute hand
4. Chronograph hand/sweep seconds
5. 60-minute counter
7. Day/night indication for home time (HOME)
8. Day/night indication for local time (LOCAL)
• Unscrewed: to wind the watch
• Pulled out: to set the time
1. Adjustment of local time (press once = +1 hour)
2. Adjustment of local time (press once = -1 hour)
3. Chronograph start and stop
4. Chronograph reset and flyback function
5. Date correction
• Rose gold
• Nautilus fold-over clasp
The price for the Patek Philippe Ref. 5990/1R-001 Nautilus Travel Time Chronograph is EUR 92,600 / CHF 90,000.