Rado Captain Cook High-Tech Ceramic (Price, Pictures and Specifications)
The Captain Cook High-Tech Ceramic is the culmination of many years of research and development together with the history and tradition of the Rado Captain Cook.
The further development of the Captain Cook collection in high-tech ceramic is Rado’s DNA in its purest form. It features some of the brand’s most stellar achievements such as Rado’s innovative high-tech ceramic monobloc case construction, scratch-resistant and hypoallergenic high-tech ceramic, powered by the premium Rado calibre R734 featuring a Nivachron hairspring.
The innovative Nivachron hairspring provides an advantage in everyday life by protecting the timepiece from magnetic fields.
The Rado Captain Cook Ceramic is presented for the first time in a case size of 43mm, and in four versions. A first version in black high-tech ceramic case and bracelet with a hardened stainless-steel turning bezel and black high-tech ceramic insert. A second model holds this same case and dial but is offered with a rubber strap for those who prefer a more casual look.
A third version is offered similarly in black high- tech ceramic case and bracelet but with contrasting rose gold coloured PVD coated stainless steel turning bezel, and black high-tech ceramic insert. Followed by the fourth model, a highly distinct plasma high-tech ceramic case and bracelet, with hardened stainless-steel bezel, and blue high-tech ceramic insert.
All the references are powered by the Rado calibre R734 characterised by a strong 80 hours power reserve, and up to 30 bar (300m) water resistance. The dial and case back are stunningly crafted in black tinted sapphire crystal allowing its wearer to explore and admire the inner workings of the skeletonised movement in a subtle manner, whilst still proving to be legible.
As the triangle on the bezel, the indexes, and the classic Captain Cook chunky arrow hands on the dial are filled with white Super-LumiNova providing clear visibility in the dark. This magnificent sapphire dial is also home to the iconic Rado rotating anchor at 12 o’clock and is protected by a chevé box sapphire crystal.
The new Rado Captain Cook Ceramic is a mechanical masterpiece that needs to be felt to appreciate its lightness and wearer comfort besides its stunning looks. The Captain Cook High-Tech Ceramic is Rado’s DNA at its fullest.
Rado Captain Cook High-Tech Ceramic
· R32127162 black and gold, bracelet
· R32127152 black and silver, bracelet
· R32127156 black and silver, rubber
· R32128202 plasma and blue, bracelet
· Dimensions: 43.0 x 49.8 x 14.6 (WxLxH in mm)
· Monobloc construction case, black or plasma high-tech ceramic - rose gold PVD or hardened stainless steel unidirectional bezel - polished black or blue ceramic insert with 60min scale - titanium caseback with a black tinted sapphire crystal - rose gold PVD or hardened stainless steel screw-down crown - box-shaped sapphire crystal with AR coating
· Water-resistant: 30 bar (300m)
Dial: black-tinted sapphire crystal - rhodium-plated or rose gold coloured applied indexes and hands with white Super-LumiNova - moving anchor symbol with synthetic ruby plate
Movement: Rado calibre R734, automatic, skeletonised , 25 jewels, 3 hands, 80 hours power reserve, antimagnetic Nivachron hairspring, exceeds standard test requirements from 3 to 5 positions for higher accuracy
· Black rubber strap, stainless steel extendable folding clasp, black high-tech ceramic cover or,
· Black or plasma high-tech ceramic bracelet, polished centre links, matte outer links, titanium 3-fold clasp
The prices for the Rado Captain Cook High-Tech Ceramic are:
· R32127162 - CHF 3,700
· R32127152 - CHF 3,600
· R32127156 - CHF 3,300
· R32128202 - CHF 3,800