Roger Dubuis Excalibur Huracán STO (Price, Pictures and Specifications)
The beat of hyper horology, the thrill of Lamborghini supercars: Roger Dubuis is at it again. Inspired but not submissive to the past, firmly geared to the future, the timepieces created by the brand are living proof of an unshakable belief in the power of making up its own rules as it goes along. Made by visionary engineers, crafted by incredible watchmakers, Roger Dubuis watches are enough to set the senses of even the most hardened aficionado buzzing.
Who needs to break the rules when they can invent the entire game? Busting completely out of the customary horology boxes, of recent years, Roger Dubuis has drawn inspiration from cutting-edge industries sharing the same values. This has resulted in the birth of an iconic alliance: Lamborghini Squadra Corse. Several masterpieces further down the track, the latest fiery steed to exit the Geneva stable is the 88-piece limited edition Excalibur Huracán STO.
As its name implies, this distinctive new timepiece takes design cues from the livery of the power-packed Lamborghini Huracán STO. The road-homologated super sports Huracán STO is itself inspired by the racing heritage of Lamborghini Squadra Corse’s one-make Huracán Super Trofeo EVO race series. It notably features rear-wheel drive and a V10 naturally-aspirated 640 hp engine, with the resulting acceleration and 310 km/h top speed ensuring an emotion-charged track experience on every outing.
Channeling the same exhilarating vibe as its automobile namesake, the 45 mm Excalibur Huracán STO is powered by an automatic RD630 calibre with a honeycomb motif. This truly mean machine roars into life with a 12° angled balance wheel combined with a 360° oscillating weight. The latter reproduces the same kind of speed effect as a Huracán wheel and is a brilliant representation of the movement signature associated with Lamborghini Squadra Corse.
Topped with an upper calibre with a strut-bar design bridge reminiscent of those found on the V10 engine of the Lamborghini Huracán supercar itself, the Excalibur Huracán STO is housed in a sleek carbon case with a black DLC titanium bezel. Setting a vibrant finishing touch is an original strap on which perforated blue calfskin leather allows a sizzling view of orange fabric overlaying a comfortable rubber inner.
An ode to unbeatable design, the Excalibur Huracán STO is firmly dedicated to an exclusive tribe who live their life to the fullest – Roger Dubuis-style. For a clan this ready to feel the adrenalin, it goes without saying that Roger Dubuis is the most exciting way to experience Hyper Horology. Hedonistic, free and ever so slightly mad.
Roger Dubuis Excalibur Huracán STO
· Reference: RDDBEX0828
· Case: Skeletonized, Ø45 mm, SMC carbon case with rubber inlays, black DLC titanium bezel with lacquer markings, crown in black DLC titanium with lacquer ring, sapphire crystal with metallization, black DLC titanium case back
· Thickness: 13.3mm
· Dial: lower flange with transferred texts and minute track. Upper flange with Rhodium plated screw-like hour markers filled with SLN
· Water resistance: 5 BAR (50 m)
· Strap: Rubber base with perforated calf leather inlay. Pirelli P Zero Trofeo R pattern on the lining. Quick Release System – QRS – interchangeability
· Buckle: black DLC titanium cover with titanium blades, triple folding. Quick Release System – QRS – interchangeability
· Calibre: RD630 caliber, Automatic with 12° inclined sprung balance
· RD630 Calibre: Automatic with 12° inclined sprung balance
· Features: 12° inclined balance wheel, double barrel
· Functions: Hours, Minutes, Seconds, Date
· Decorations: main plate is shot-blasted, and NAC coated. Bridges are shot-blasted and trued-up and NAC or PVD coated
· Number of parts: 233 components
· Jewels: 29
· Diameter: 16’’’
· Thickness: 7.78mm
· Frequency: 4 Hz (28’800 vph)
· Power-reserve: 60 hours
The price for the Roger Dubuis Excalibur Huracán STO Ref. RDDBEX0828 is EUR 58,000 and is limited edition to 88 pieces.