Roger Dubuis Excalibur Huracan Total-Black (Price, Pictures and Specifications)
Geneva watchmaker Roger Dubuis prides itself on being born to be wild. Demonstrating its penchant for excess, and thanks to an integrated Manufacture enabling total independence, the brand that dares to be different has in recent years drawn inspiration from multiple sources. First and foremost, from its own disruptive design ability and unparalleled expertise in the field of Grand Complications. And secondly, from other equally no-holds-barred industries, a commitment to passionate performance and a flagrant disregard for any form of limit.
This has been exemplified in recent years by the founding of iconic partnerships including a throbbing, adrenalin-fuelled Raging Mechanics alliance with car designer and manufacturer, Lamborghini Squadra Corse. The outcome is a line-up of code-breaking timepieces designed for an exclusive tribe on the prowl for off-the-radar experiences.
Firing on all (black) cylinders
Super-watch fans can gear up for a powerful example of what happens when visionary engineers meet incredible watchmakers with the launch of the total-black Excalibur Huracán: a striking expression of unfettered style and technical excellence.
Powered by an automatic RD630 calibre, and flaunting the same blend of performance, lightness, and security as its namesake, the 45-mm diameter Excalibur Huracán timepiece features a 12° angled balance wheel representing the movement signature associated with Lamborghini Squadra Corse.
Adding to its speedster allure is a 360° oscillating weight inspired by and reproducing the same kind of speed effect as a Huracán wheel; while the upper calibre features a strut-bar design bridge reminiscent of those found on the V10 engine of the Lamborghini Huracán supercar itself.
With a black DLC titanium case and bezel, the new all-black Excalibur Huracán model oozes stylish muscle and vroom of the kind of which Roger Dubuis is the uncontested specialist.
Roger Dubuis Excalibur Huracan Total-Black
· Ref. RDDBEX0829
· Case: Skeletonized, Ø45 mm, Titanium black DLC case and bezel, black DLC titanium crown with lacquered ring, sapphire crystal with anti-reflective treatment, black DLC titanium case back with sapphire crystal
· Thickness: 14mm
· Dial: lower flange with transferred texts and minute tracks.
· Upper flange with Rhodium plated hour markers filled with SLN
· Water resistance: 5 BARS (50 m)
· Calibre: RD630 caliber, Automatic with 12° inclined sprung balance
· Features: 12° inclined balance wheel, double barrel Functions: Hours, Minutes, Seconds, Date
· Decorations: main plate is shot-blasted, and NAC coated. Bridges are shot-blasted and trued-up and NAC or PVD coated
· Number of parts: 233 components Jewels: 29
· Diameter: 16’’’
· Thickness: 7.78mm
· Frequency: 4 Hz (28’800 vph) Power-reserve: 60 hours
· Strap: Interchangeable rubber with Alcantara inlay
· Buckle: Interchangeable. Black DLC titanium cover with titanium blades, triple folding
· Production: no limitation
The price for the Roger Dubuis Excalibur Huracan Total-Black Ref. RDDBEX0829 is $49,000.