Roger Dubuis Excalibur Pirelli Ice Zero 2 Spider America Edition (Price, Pictures and Specifications)
Daring and duality are an integral part of everything Roger Dubuis does. Tradition with a contemporary twist is embedded in its DNA, along with excess to the point of extravagance. In parallel, Roger Dubuis timepieces are the ultimate embodiment of exclusive production expressing a seldom seen level of quality. The epitome of technicity serving aestheticism to reveal unleashed creativity.
This is made possible by an integrated Manufacture fuelled by creative engineers with a unique talent for drawing raw inspiration from other avant-garde industries. Nonconformist and indomitably free-spirited, Roger Dubuis displays unparalleled mastery of complications and shattering every known watchmaking cliché.
Experience: a priceless collector’s item
Guests at any Roger Dubuis event have learned to expect the unexpected from a brand that never misses an opportunity to spring exclusive experiences. Early 2020 was no exception to this rule as Aspen geared up to stage the latest in the Roger Dubuis range of far-out adventures.
On this occasion, surrounded by snowy peaks and legendary ski runs, a lucky few had the privilege of experiencing Roger Dubuis’ particular gift as a provider of unparalleled thrills. The many perfectly choreographed sensations lined up by Roger Dubuis at Aspen included an invitation to drive a Lamborghini on ice and a snow mobile.
A brutal truth
Rooted in this unadulterated adrenalin rush is the latest embodiment of Roger Dubuis unshakable determination to defy existing watchmaking codes at every level. With its sporty aesthetics and famous Poinçon de Genève-certified astral skeleton signature (820SQ calibre), the 28-piece Roger Dubuis Excalibur Pirelli Ice Zero 2 Spider America Edition took Aspen by storm.
The Roger Dubuis Excalibur Pirelli Ice Zero 2 owes its name to the new studded tyre of the Pirelli range: a tyre developed for high performance on ice in the most extreme winter conditions, similar to the ones that the guests experienced in Aspen.
The new watch features a gleaming natural titanium case all offset by icy blue accents. It comes complete with a state-of-the-art ICE ZERO 2 studded tyre strap with Pirelli Cinturato intermediate pattern on the inside. Owners also received an additional bimaterial strap featuring a black rubber base and blue rubberTech inlay.
Characterised by a shared penchant for pushing the limits and a common focus on aesthetics in R&D-driven approaches, this iconic partnership is equally rooted in a shared focus on superlative technical engineering and ultra-high-tech materials, along with an unfettered determination to stay ahead of the pack.
Roger Dubuis Excalibur Pirelli Ice Zero 2 Spider America Edition
· Case: Skeletonized spider, Ø45 mm, titanium with rubber inlays, black DLC titanium with blue lacquer bezel, titanium over molded with rubber crown, sapphire crystal with Pirelli metallization glass, black DLC titanium case back
· Thickness: 14 mm
· Dial: blue lower flange with transferred texts and minute tracks. Black upper flange with Rhodium plated hour markers filled with SLN
· Water resistance: 5 BARS (50 m)
· Strap: Rubber. Interchangeable. Pirelli Ice Zero 2 pattern inlay with stainless steel nails. Pirelli Cinturato intermediate on the inside.
· Buckle: Interchangeable. Black DLC titanium cover with titanium blades, triple folding
· Calibre: RD820SQ, Automatic
· Production: 28 pieces
· Certification: Poinçon de Genève
· RD820SQ Calibre: Automatic
· Features: micro-rotor
· Functions: Hours, Minutes
· Decorations: NAC coated and circular-grained plate and bridges, trued up automatic and anchor bridge
· Number of parts: 167 components
· Jewels: 35
· Diameter: 16’’’
· Thickness: 6.38mm
· Frequency: 4 Hz (28’800 vph)
· Power-reserve: 60 hours
The price for the Roger Dubuis Excalibur Pirelli Ice Zero 2 Spider America Edition Ref. RDDBEX0857 will be around $350,000.