Rolex Cosmograph Daytona - 18 Ct Everose Gold
Created in 1963, this watch has established an extraordinary track record in the world of motor sport, rising to the rank of an icon. On this new 18 ct Everose gold version, in lieu of the emblematic tachymetric scale, the bezel is set with a gradation of sapphires in rainbow hues. The case is adorned with 56 brilliant-cut diamonds set into the lugs and crown guard, and the dial features 11 baguette-cut sapphire hour markers, each of which matches the colour of the corresponding point on the bezel. The chronograph counters are in pink Gold Crystals, a material with a particular shimmer effect, created during the crystallization of a pink gold alloy by means of a special process developed by Rolex.
Like all Rolex watches, the new Cosmograph Daytona carries the Superlative Chronometer certification, which ensures excellent performance on the wrist.
The Oyster Case, Symbol Of Waterproofness
The Cosmograph Daytona’s Oyster case, guaranteed waterproof to a depth of 100 metres (330 feet), is a paragon of robustness and reliability. Its middle case, with an integral crown guard, is crafted from a solid block of 18 ct Everose gold. The case back, edged with fine fluting, is hermetically screwed down with a special tool that allows only Rolex watchmakers to access the movement. The winding crown, fitted with the Triplock triple waterproofness system, screws down securely against the case, along with the chronograph pushers. The crystal is made of virtually scratchproof sapphire. The waterproof Oyster case provides optimum protection for the Cosmograph Daytona’s high-precision movement.
Perpetual Calibre 4130
The Cosmograph Daytona is equipped with calibre 4130, a self-winding mechanical chronograph movement entirely developed and manufactured by Rolex. A consummate demonstration of Rolex technology, the movement incorporates a chronograph function with a reduced number of components, thereby enhancing the movement’s reliability.
The robust chronograph is engaged by a mechanism with a column wheel and vertical clutch, providing an instant and extremely precise start. The oscillator, the true heart of the watch, has a blue Parachrom hairspring manufactured by Rolex in an exclusive paramagnetic alloy. Insensitive to magnetic fields, the Parachrom hairspring offers great stability in the face of temperature variations and remains up to 10 times more precise than a traditional hairspring in case of shocks. A Rolex overcoil ensures its regularity in any position. Calibre 4130 is equipped with a self-winding module via a Perpetual rotor and offers a power reserve of approximately 72 hours.
This new version of the Cosmograph Daytona is fitted on a solid-link Oyster bracelet in 18 ct Everose gold with ceramic inserts and an Oysterlock safety clasp to prevent accidental opening. The bracelet includes the Easylink rapid extension system, pa- tented by Rolex in 1996, that allows the wearer to easily increase the bracelet length by approximately 5 mm for additional comfort.
Superlative Chronometer Certification
Like all Rolex watches, the Cosmograph Daytona is covered by the Superlative Chronometer certification redefined by Rolex in 2015. This exclusive designation testifies that each watch has success- fully undergone a series of tests conducted by Rolex in its own laboratories according to its own criteria, which exceed watchmaking norms and standards. The certification applies to the fully assembled watch, after casing the movement, guaranteeing superlative performance on the wrist in terms of precision, power reserve, waterproof- ness and self-winding. The precision of a Rolex Superlative Chronometer after casing is of the order of −2 /+2 seconds per day, or more than twice that required of an official chronometer.
The Superlative Chronometer status is symbolized by the green seal that comes with every Rolex watch and is coupled with an international five-year guarantee.
Rolex Cosmograph Daytona - 18 Ct Everose Gold
Case reference 116595 RBOW | Bracelet reference 78595 A Category: Oyster Perpetual Professional Superlative Chronometer certification.
• Oyster (monobloc middle case, screw-down case back, winding crown and pushers)
• Crown guard forms integral part of middle case
• 40 mm
• 18 ct Everose gold
• 18 ct Everose gold, set with 56 brilliant-cut diamonds, polished sides
• 18 ct Everose gold, set with 36 baguette-cut sapphires in a rainbow gradation
• Solid, screw-down with fine fluting
• Screw-down, Triplock triple waterproofness system
• Scratch-resistant sapphire
• 100 metres (330 feet)
• 4130, Manufacture Rolex
• Mechanical chronograph movement
with column wheel and vertical
• Bidirectional self-winding
via Perpetual rotor
• −2/+2 sec/day, after casing
• Centre hour and minute hands, small seconds hand at 6 o’clock
• Chronograph (centre hand) accurate to within 1/8 of a second
• 30-minute counter at 3 o’clock and 12-hour counter at 9 o’clock
• Stop-seconds for exact time setting
• Frequency: 28,800 beats/hour (4 Hz) • Paramagnetic blue Parachrom
• Rolex overcoil
• Large balance wheel
with variable inertia
• High-precision regulating
via four gold Microstella nuts • Traversing balance bridge
• 44 rubies
• Approximately 72 hours
• Black lacquer, counters in 18 ct pink Gold Crystals
• 11 baguette-cut, rainbow-coloured sapphires
• 18 ct pink gold, highly legible Chromalight (long-lasting luminescence, blue glow),
except on the centre seconds hand and counter hands
• Oyster, three-piece solid links
• 18 ct Everose gold, polished centre links, satin- nished outer links
with polished edges, ceramic inserts
• Oysterlock folding safety clasp
• Easylink 5 mm comfort extension link
The price for the Rolex Cosmograph Daytona - 18 Ct Everose Gold is $96,900.