Sinn U1 DE (Price, Pictures and Specifications)
Germany will be celebrating the 30th anniversary of German reunification on 3 October 2020, an event Sinn would like to acknowledge with the U1 DE special edition. The reunification has another significance beyond this historical date for them as a German watchmaker.
For them it’s synonymous with the story of two companies which continue to actively embrace the merging of East and West to this day: qualified engineer Lothar Schmidt, owner of Sinn Spezialuhren GmbH, and Doctor of Engineering Ronald Boldt, co-owner and Managing Director of Sächsische Uhrentechnologie GmbH Glashütte (SUG), have continued to develop the partnership established in 1999 between Sinn Spezialuhren and SUG. Lothar Schmidt has held 74% of all SUG shares since the disastrous flood of 2002. Working with Ronald Boldt, he has created an upmarket case manufacturing company, which is now successfully managed primarily by son Daniel Boldt.
· Limited to 300 pieces
· Special edition in Germany’s national colours with a high-gloss, gold-plated second hand Case and crown made of high-strength seawater-resistant German Submarine Steel Black Hard Coating on a Tegiment Technology basis
· Tested based on European diving equipment standards and certified by DNV GL Pressure-resistant up to 1,000 m diving depth (= 100 bar), certified by DNV GL
· Captive diver’s bezel with minute ratcheting
· Crown at 4 o’clock to prevent pressure on the back of the hand
· Sapphire crystal glass
· Low pressure resistant
Since it was founded, SUG has produced cases for Sinn Spezialuhren, whose requirements in terms of construction and production are extremely demanding. Its cases are a prime example of technological skill and high quality, in particular. The Sinn U1 DE case is made from high-strength German Submarine Steel, which is highly resistant to saltwater and boasts outstanding non-magnetic properties.
The diver’s bezel with minute ratcheting has a captive connection to the case. The watch comes with an all-over Black Hard Coating, which we use exclusively for surfaces with Tegiment technology. It’s this combination alone that makes it possible to achieve the high quality of the colour coating.
To mark this special occasion, we’ve designed the watch in Germany’s national colours. The colours black, red and gold, which have always been a symbol of German reunification and are anchored in the constitution as the colours of the flag, go all the way back to the Wars of Liberation (Germany, 1813 – 1815).
The black, red and gold flag appeared in its present-day form at the Hambach Festival of 1832 for the first time. Reunification was celebrated with the raising of a black, red and gold flag in front of the Reichstag building in Berlin.
Sinn U1 DE
· Case made of German Submarine Steel, black
· Sapphire crystal glass in front, anti-reflective on both sides
· Case back screw-fastened
· Crown screwable
· Meet the technical requirements for waterproofness, as set out in standard DIN 8310
· Pressure-resistant up to 1,000 m diving depth (= 100 bar), certified by DNV GL
· According to the technical demands for the diving norm DIN 8306
· Tested based on European diving equipment standards EN 250 / EN14143 and certified by DNV GL
· Low pressure resistant
· SW 200-1
· Self-winding mechanism
· 26 bearing jewels
· 28,800 semi-oscillations per hour
· Seconds stop function
· Anti-magnetic as per DIN 8309
· Hours, minutes, seconds
· Date display
· Diver’s bezel with minute ratcheting and luminous key mark
· Black Hard Coating on a Tegiment Technology basis
· Captive diver's bezel
Dimensions and Weight:
· Case diameter: 44 mm
· Band lug width: 22 mm
· Case thickness: 14.7 mm
· Weight without strap: 113 gramme
Dial and Hands:
· Matte black dial
· High-gloss, gold-plated second hand
· Indices coated with luminescent colour
· Hour, minute and second hand coated with luminescent colour
Warranty: 2 years
The prices for the Sinn U1 DE are:
· € 2,350 (leather strap)
· € 2,740 (bracelet)
· € 2,650 (rubber strap)
The watch in limited edition to 300 pieces.