TAG Heuer Aquaracer 43 mm Tortoise Shell Effect Special Edition (Price, Pictures and Specifications)
Inspired by the sunlight reflecting off the ocean waves, TAG Heuer has created a magnificent tortoiseshell effect on the Aquaracer bezel using an innovative resin technique. The dark and light blue hues are reminiscent of the ocean’s surface, as seen from the deck of a yacht, an effect which is enhanced by the blue sunray brushed dial with horizontal lines.
The TAG Heuer Aquaracer 43 mm Tortoise Shell Effect Special Edition is also available with a contemporary brown tortoiseshell pattern on the bezel and a black sunray brushed dial with horizontal stripes. As with its blue counterpart, the pattern on this version is made with an innovative resin effect – a first for TAG Heuer.
Strengthening the timepieces’ functionality is the 60-minute scale on the unidirectional rotating bezel and the angled magnifying lens over the date window at 3 o’clock. The rhodium-plated applied indexes and hour, minute and seconds hands are coated with white Super-Luminova for enhanced legibility in all lighting conditions.
Another first for the brand with these special-edition models is the high-end rubber strap, which features an alligator leather pattern and a steel folding clasp with double safety push buttons. This allows the wearer to sport a luxurious watch in total comfort while enjoying all manners of nautical activities.
The 43 mm timepieces are fashioned from polished and fine-brushed stainless steel and powered by the automatic Aquaracer Caliber 5.
The stainless-steel screw-down caseback is engraved with the image of a vintage diver’ helmet and the Aquaracer’s impressive water-resistance of 300 meters/1,000 feet.
TAG Heuer Aquaracer 43 mm Tortoise Shell Effect Special Edition Caliber 5 Automatic
Movement: Caliber 5 Automatic
· Blue or Black sunray brushed dial
· Rhodium-plated applied indexes with white Super-LumiNova
· Rhodium-plated hour and minute hands with white Super-LumiNova
· Rhodium-plated central hand with white Super-LumiNova
· White Tag Heuer printed logo
· 3 o’clock angled and magnifying lens date
· Aquaracer Caliber 5 Automatic 300 meters/1,000 feet printing
· Diameter: 43 mm
· Polished and fine-brushed stainless-steel case
· Tortoiseshell-effect resin in blue or brown
· Unidirectional rotating bezel with 60-minute scale
· Flat sapphire crystal with anti-reflective treatment
· Steel screw-down crown at 3 o’clock
· Stainless-steel screw-down caseback
· Water-resistant to 300 m (30 bars)
· Alligator pattern blue or black rubber strap
· Steel folding clasp with double safety push-buttons
· Tag Heuer shield engraving
The price for the TAG Heuer Aquaracer 43 mm Tortoise Shell Effect Special Edition is EURO 2,500 and will be available from August 2020.