The New Blancpain Villeret Quantième Complet 38 mm (Pictures and Specifications)
This year, Blancpain is reinterpreting its 38 mm Quantième Complet with moon phases. Emblematic of the Villeret collection, this combination of complications has been a brand signature for nearly four decades.
The complete calendar is one of Blancpain's flagship complications. Its success is due to its usefulness, as well as to its design and construction. Slim apertures serve to display the day of the week and the month, while Blancpain often uses a blued steel serpentine hand to indicate the date. The reason for this choice lies in the 18th watchmaking tradition calling for the secondary information of a watch to be provided by a characteristically shaped hand.
Blancpain's complete calendar is usually combined with a moon phase. This complication, which reproduces the cycles of the star, was brought back to the forefront of the watchmaking scene by the Manufacture in 1983.
The new 38 mm Villeret Quantième Complet model celebrates the heritage of mechanical watchmaking while adopting the contemporary attributes of the collection. In this spirit, the dial features subtly reworked slender hour-markers and cut-out sage leaf-shaped hands.
The moon phase has also been redesigned. These aesthetic codes guarantee the clarity of reading and stylistic purity of this timepiece embodying the utmost respect for the Villeret identity.
The case of this new model is characterized by a delicately rounded double-stepped bezel along with a sleek profile. It is equipped with discreet lateral correctors, harmoniously integrated into the case middle band.
The watch's wide sapphire crystal case-back reveals the high-end finishing of the self-winding 6763 caliber. Entirely designed and produced by the Manufacture, this movement has a four-day power reserve and houses a silicon balance-spring.
The new Villeret Quantième Complet model is available in steel with a white dial and in red gold with an opaline dial. The hour-markers in gold and the hands match the case color. Each timepiece is also available in a gem-set version. Additionally, Blancpain offers a choice for each model between an alligator strap and a Mille Mailles bracelet made from over 500 patiently hand-assembled individual components.
Blancpain Villeret Quantième Complet 38 mm
· 6264-1127-55B / 6264-1127-MMB – steel
· 6264-4628-55B / 6264-4628-MMB – steel with diamonds
· 6264-3642-55B / 6264-3642-MMB – red gold
· 6264-2987-55B / 6264-2987-MMB – red gold with diamonds
Complete Calendar · moon phases · small seconds · white or opaline dial · self-winding
· Material: Steel or Steel, circled by 1 row of diamonds or 18ct red gold or 18ct red gold, circled by 1 row of diamonds
· Thickness: 10.45 mm
· Diameter: 38 mm
· Water-resistance: 3 bars (30 m)
· Case Back: Sapphire crystal back
· Interhorn space: 20 mm
· Caliber: 6763
· Thickness: 4.9 mm
· Diameter: 27 mm
· Power-reserve: 100 hours
· Jewels: 30
· Components: 261
Carat Weight: A total of 0,910 for the models with diamonds
The prices for the new Blancpain Villeret Quantième Complet 38 mm are:
· Villeret Quantième Complet in steel; leather strap (ref. 6264 1127 55B): CHF 12,400
· Villeret Quantième Complet in red gold; leather strap (ref. 6264 3642 55B): CHF 20,600
· Villeret Quantième Complet in steel; set with diamonds; leather strap (ref. 6264 4628 55B): CHF 16,900
· Villeret Quantième Complet in red gold; set with diamonds; leather strap (ref. 6264 2987 55B): CHF 25,100