The New Certina DS PH200M (Price, Pictures and Specifications)
Elegant and functional, innovative and mindful of tradition: the latest incarnation of the Certina DS PH200M has many facets. Its appearance is now enhanced by a ceramic bezel and sapphire crystals front and back, while the movement within features an anti-magnetic Nivachron balance spring for improved resistance.
But at heart it remains true to the 2018 model of the same name: as the successor to a historic timepiece with a marked underwater affinity (please read more about here), the new model is equally committed to its underwater connection.
With this version of the Certina DS PH200M, the 42.8 mm stainless steel case is enhanced by a convex rotating bezel in dark blue ceramic with a gold-colored scale. Super-LumiNova highlights on the dark blue dial, the hands and the bezel provide orientation even when visibility is poor. The watch is worn with a gray-blue NATO strap. Alternative versions present a black bezel, a black PVD case, a brown calfskin strap or a Milanese bracelet. Thanks to a quick-change system the straps can be removed easily.
Along with the traditional Certina DS Concept, the screw-down crown and scratch-resistant sapphire crystals protecting the front and back of the watch ensure greater resilience and water resistance up to 20 bars (200 m). The transparent case back also presents a clear view of the Powermatic 80 automatic movement, who’s innovative Nivachron balance spring is immune to magnetic fields and exceptionally resistant to shocks and changes in temperature.
Certina DS PH200M
· ETA Powermatic 80.611 automatic with Nivachron balance spring, Swiss Made, hours, minutes, seconds, date
· Power reserve: 80 hours
· Polished stainless steel 316L
· 42.8 mm diameter rotating bezel in convex dark blue ceramic with gold-colored dive-time scale
· Screw-down crown
· Sapphire crystal case back
· Dark blue dial with gold-colored markings
· Hands and indexes with Super-LumiNova coating
· Date at 3 o’clock
Water resistance: Up to a pressure of 20 bar (200 m)
Glass: Domed sapphire crystal
Strap: Gray-blue NATO fabric strap with pin buckle
Special features: DS (Double Security), Nivachron balance spring
The price for the Certina DS PH200M ref. C036.407.18.040.00 is CHF 880.
· C036.407.11.050.01 - Black bezel, Milanese bracelet in stainless steel - CHF 935.
· C036.407.36.050.00 - Black bezel, black PVD case, brown calfskin strap - CHF 895.
· C036.407.16.040.00 - Blue bezel, brown calfskin strap - CHF 880.
The watch will be available from fall 2020.