The New Delma Continental Chronograph (Price, Pictures and Specifications)
"The new Continental celebrates the spirit of the 60s, a golden age of progress and design. Inspired by DELMA’s timepieces of the period, we set out to create a new Bicompax model that would complement the original with modern finishes and features that demonstrate our development and commitment to quality." said Andreas Leibundgut, Head of Marketing.
Delma’s new Continental, a compilation of style and spirit of the 1960s
The new Continental is inspired by Delma’s Bicompax chronographs launched in the 1960s, from which it has retained its vintage spirit and aesthetics. With this reissue, the independent Swiss brand celebrates a time when technical progress was to ensure peace and prosperity for new generations.
Characterized by optimism, the 1960s saw numerous technological innovations and bold designs that have become iconic. It was the rise of the automobile, a symbol of emancipation and a marker of style, that most contributed to shaping the myth of an uninhibited era where everything was possible.
The Delma Continental has inherited this pioneering spirit. Its case, defined by the clear lines and edges, combined with the interplay of brushed and polished surfaces, lends the Continental a sporty yet elegant look, typical of the 60’s. The unique 7 link bracelet is appointed with a brushed top surface and polished flanks. Completed with a butterfly clasp with pushers, it creates a luxurious appearance which is also light weight and comfortable to wear.
The elegant sunray-brushed dial is harmoniously in balance with its two guilloche counters, the 30-minute counter at 3 o’clock, small seconds counter at 9 o’clock and its date window at 6 o'clock. The applied indexes with luminous markers, the Tachymeter and red central seconds hand complete the nostalgic look while the classic crown and chronograph pushers enhance precision and style. The Continental is available in the classic panda and reversed panda options as well as in vibrant blue, green and brown with silver counters.
The Delma Continental is powered by a customized automatic Bicompax Sellita SW510 movement or a quartz Ronda Z50 movement.
Delma Continental Chronograph
· Case and dial:42mm stainless steel or two-tone yellow gold PVD case with polished and brushed surfaces. Domed sapphire crystal. Sunray-brushed dial with two guilloche-pattern counters (small seconds at 9 o'clock, 30 minutes at 3 o'clock), tachymeter, central hour, minute and red seconds hands. Indexes, hour and minute hands with SuperLuminova. Date window at 6 o'clock. Available with blue, brown, green, silver or black dial.
· Movement:Automatic version with Sellita SW510 Bicompax chronograph movement with date. The transparent background of the automatic version reveals the decorated movement and the personalized rotor. The quartz version is powerd by the Ronda Z50 chronograph movement.
· Water resistance: 100m / 330ft.
· Bracelet: Luxurious seven link bracelet in stainless steel or two-tone yellow gold PVD
· Box: Automatic version with natural wooden box, quartz version with custom blue Delma case.
The prices for the Delma Continental Chronograph are:
· Automatic version in stainless steel is CHF 2,600 / EUR 2,800 and two-tone yellow gold PVD is CHF 2,700 / EUR 2,900.
· Quartz version in stainless steel is CHF 750 / EUR 850 and two-tone yellow gold PVD is CHF 850 / EUR 950.