The New Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch Master Chronometer With Caliber 3861 (Price, Pictures and Specifications)
Omega is making one of the biggest watchmaking announcements of 2021. This year, the Speedmaster Moonwatch collection will be updated with its next generation of models. For fans everywhere, it’s a chance to see the latest edition of a much-loved timepiece – including unique touches in design and a powerful Master Chronometer certified anti-magnetic movement.
Raynald Aeschlimann, President and CEO of Omega says, “When updating a sacred timepiece like the Speedmaster Moonwatch, every detail must be true to its original spirit. This chronograph is recognised the world over, so we’ve approached its design with the sincerest respect, while taking its movement to the next level.”
For the exciting launch, the Swiss watchmaker has taken inspiration from the 4th generation Moonwatch style, commonly referenced as the ST 105.012, and worn by Apollo 11 astronauts on the moon in 1969.
These space-era tributes include the classic asymmetrical case, the step dial, the double bevel caseback, and the famous dot over 90 (DON) and a dot diagonal to 70 on the anodised aluminium bezel ring. Small but important details in the telling of the Speedmaster story.
Perhaps the most significant update comes with the arrival of the Co-Axial Master Chronometer Calibre 3861. The new movement ensures that the Moonwatch will now be unaffected by even the most extreme magnetic fields reaching 15,000 gausses. In addition, it ensures that the entire watch is certified as a Master Chronometer – the highest standard of precision, performance and magnetic-resistance in the Swiss watch industry.
Around the wrist, Omega has made yet more changes. An integrated, fully-brushed bracelet offers a five–arched-links-per-row design. Similar to Moonwatch styles of the past, it includes a new clasp with a polished Omega logo on a satin-finished cover.
Even the dial shows the attention-to-detail that Omega has committed to this updated collection. In accordance with the Calibre 3861’s frequency, the minute track is now split by 3 divisions, as opposed to the 5 divisions on previous models. Another example of the brand’s exacting standard when it comes to precision.
Moonwatches In Gold
With so much to explore, it’s now over to eager Moonwatch fans to select their Master Chronometer model from eight special choices, including versions in stainless steel, 18K Sedna gold or 18K Canopus gold. All come with Omega’s full 5-year warranty.
Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch Professional Co-Axial Master Chronometer Chronograph 42 mm
· 310.30.42.50.01.001 (steel, sapphire, bracelet)
· 310.32.42.50.01.002 (steel, sapphire, strap)
· 310.30.42.50.01.001 (steel, Hesalite, bracelet)
· 310.32.42.50.01.001 (steel, Hesalite, strap)
· 310.60.42.50.02.001 (Canopus gold, bracelet)
· 310.63.42.50.02.001 (Canopus gold, strap)
· 310.60.42.50.01.001 (Sedna gold, bracelet)
· 310.63.42.50.01.001 (Sedna gold, strap)
· Diameter: 42 mm
· Height: Unavailable
· Material: Steel or 18k gold
· Crystal: Sapphire (option of Hesalite for steel model)
· Water resistance: 50 m
· Movement: Cal. 3861
· Functions: Hours, minutes, seconds, and chronograph
· Additional features: Co-Axial escapement, silicon hairspring, and resistant to magnetism of up to 15,000 Gauss
· Winding: Hand-wound
· Frequency: 21,600 beats per hour (3 Hz)
· Power reserve: 50 hours
Strap: Matching metal bracelet, or strap in nylon or leather
The price for the Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch Professional Co-Axial Master Chronometer Chronograph 42 mm is:
· EUR 6,200 (steel-on-steel Hesalite)
· EUR 5,900 (steel-on-leather hesalite)
· EUR 7,000 (steel-on-steel sapphire)
· EUR 6,700 (steel-on-strap sapphire)
· EUR 34,300 (Sedna gold on bracelet)
· EUR 24,300 (Sedna gold on leather)
· EUR 44,700 (Canopus gold on bracelet)
· EUR 30,000 (Canopus gold on leather)
The watch is already at Omega retailers and boutiques, the gold models are exclusive to boutiques.