The New Rado Tradition Captain Cook MKIII Automatic
Rado launches a bold new re-imagining of a classic 1962 divers watch.
The eye-catching Tradition Captain Cook MKIII is a timepiece that retains the vintage look of the original 1962 Captain Cook, but adds a modern touch, with details such as an XXL case size and black textile strap. Perfect for the modern gentleman explorer.
Inspired by the 1962 original, the MKIII is ready for any adventure. State-of-the-art elements ensure that the MKIII is prepared for whatever you encounter, whether sailing on the open sea or navigating through rush hour traffic. The light, hardened grade 5 titanium construction features excellent scratch resistance, ideal for challenging environments and the luminous dial makes for easy readability in any situation, above and below the waves.
In reworking the bold, functional look of the original Captain Cook to suit the preferences of modern wearers, Rado has not sacrificed comfort in the name of style. The lug-less case design means the MKIII fits all wrist sizes, while the convex rotating turning bezel, used for measuring elapsed minute intervals, will ensure you never lose track of time.
Presented on a sporty textile strap, closer inspection of the MKIII reveals avant-garde touches behind the vintage look. The box-shaped sapphire crystal glass covers a dial with a day date function. The movement features a power reserve of up to 80 hours and the MKIII is water resistant to 22 bar (220 metres).
The masculine style of the Rado Captain Cook MKIII only gets better the closer you look. With style and substance true to the original and the readability and wearability of a twenty-first century timepiece, the Rado Tradition Captain Cook MKIII is ready for any adventure.
Rado Tradition Captain Cook MKIII Automatic
Dimensions: 46.8 x 48.3 x 13.9 (WxLxH in mm)
Movement: ETA C07.621, automatic, 25 jewels, 3 hands, day/date at 3 o’clock, up to 80 hours power reserve
· sandblasted hardened grade 5 titanium
· screw-down titanium case back with 3 stamped seahorses
· 2 polished PVD coated grade 5 titanium screw-down crowns
· box shaped sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating on both sides
· thin black metallised anchor in the middle of the sapphire
· water-resistant to 22 bar (220m)
· black sunray, applied indexes with white and yellow Super-LumiNova
· black inner turning bezel with white and yellow Super-LumiNova
· large white moving anchor symbol with yellow background
· white printed Captain Cook and Automatic logos
· rhodium coloured applied Rado logo
· yellow printed water resistance
· rhodium coloured with white Super-LumiNova
· rhodium coloured minute and second hand with yellow Super-LumiNova
· black textile with grey stitching
· stainless steel extendable folding clasp
· satin brushed PVD coated stainless steel cover