Tissot Seastar 1000 Professional
In 2019, the most robust and secure Tissot watch was launched in an uncompromising environment. A limited edition of 1,000, the Tissot Seastar 1000 Professional fully satisfies the criteria of the ISO 6425 standard governing professional diving watches. All the conditions specified by the standard are validated by this all-steel automatic chronograph: it resists a magnetic field of 4,800 A/m and lateral impacts, including on its crowns and push-buttons.
It is equipped with a luminescent small second hand and revolving bezel that can be locked into place. Although its water resistance is guaranteed up to 300 metres (or 1,000 feet, the reason behind its name), the ISO 6425 standard demands resistance of up to 375 metres in depth. Challenge accepted!
The Tissot Seastar 1000 Professional also has a helium valve at 10 o’clock. It is automatically opened to expel excess air and helium that are trapped in the case and dilated when coming up from a very deep saturation dive. It is integrated into the secondary crown that secures the bezel. Once screwed down, the 60-minute graduated ring is locked into the defined position. This guarantees that the chosen immersion time cannot be inadvertently or accidentally changed during the dive. This combination of functions is unique and protected by a Tissot patent.
As well as these many precautions, designed to protect the physical safety of divers, Tissot has applied the same rules to the ergonomics of the Tissot Seastar 1000 Professional. The 49 mm diameter case is designed for use in difficult and demanding situations. Its dimensions primarily target resistance to pressure, impacts and any unforeseen circumstances that can arise in the life of professional divers.
The case back, push-buttons and crown are screwed down and the latter is protected by a flange. The dial is blue in the centre which shades into black on the edges. On this dark, ocean-themed background, large contrasting skeleton baton hands indicate the hours and minutes. They are abundantly coated with Super-LumiNova, the brightest variety of this luminescent material. Super-LumiNova also adorns the dial indexes and the luminescent dot in the bezel’s triangle. The bezel insert is in black ceramic with metallic graduations. All these features guarantee optimal legibility, even at night and in murky water.
A noble heart
The Tissot Seastar 1000 Professional has been fitted with a self-winding chronograph movement, the Valjoux A05.H21 calibre. It has a small second hand at 9 o’clock and 30-minute and 12-hour chronograph totalisers, at 12 o’clock and 6 o’clock respectively. This calibre also indicates the day and date and has a comfortable 60-hour power reserve, rare for a diving watch.
The Tissot Seastar 1000 Professional comes with a steel bracelet with three links, burnished in the centre and buffed to a satin finish on the sides. It is closed by a folding clasp specially designed for diving purposes. It has push-buttons, a safety feature and rapid extension, doing away with the need for fussy resizing, when worn over a diving suit.
The watch is delivered with a second black rubber strap with ribbed interior and steel pin buckle for more sporty, casual wear. To switch easily from one to another, without tools, Tissot has fitted these clasps with a rapid-lock fixing system. It is all delivered in a dedicated watchcase made in neoprene, identical to the material used to make diving suits. A seahorse, the historic logo of the Tissot Seastar, is transferred on the interior. This animal, a symbol of sea life and easy mobility underwater, is also present on the sapphire crystal case back of the Tissot Seastar 1000 Professional.
Tissot Seastar 1000 Professional
• Steel case, satin-finish and burnished details
• 49 mm in diameter
• Notched, secured, evolving, unidirectional bezel with black ceramic bezel
• The bezel is unlocked by a screw-down crown at 10 o’clock
• Domed, transparent sapphire crystal
• Screw-down case back, push-buttons and crown
• Transparent sapphire crystal case back, seahorse transfer
• Water-resistant to 300 m (1,000 ft. / 30 ATM)
• Patented helium valve at 10 o’clock
• Mechanical self-winding movement
• ETA Valjoux A05.H21 calibre
• Hour, minute, small second hands, chronograph with two counters, day, date
• 28,800 VPH (4Hz)
• Power reserve of 60 hours
• Sunburst dial, shaded off from black to blue
• Applique hour indexes coated with Super-LumiNova grade xx
• Sword hands coated with Super-LumiNova grade xx
• Three-link steel bracelet, burnished and satin-finish details, with quick-change system.
• Folding clasp specially designed for diving purposes, secured, with rapid extension system
• Comes with a second rubber strap with wave-decorated interior and pin buckle
The Tissot Seastar 1000 Professional is limited edition of 1,000 pieces.