Union Glashütte 1893 Johannes Dürrstein Edition Chronograph (Price, Pictures and Specifications)
This limited edition celebrates the legacy of over 125 years of German art of watchmaking. Its design takes elements from the history of Union Glashütte and carries them forward into the 21st century, with the shape of the satin-finished, polished 42 mm rose gold or stainless-steel case reminding you of old pocket watches. The sapphire crystal case-back of the Chronograph gives you a view of the tireless work of the hand-wound calibre.
The watch is presented on a brown or black calfskin leather strap, which is securely held by a pin buckle made of rose gold or a double fold fastener made of stainless steel for the stainless-steel version. The 18-carat rose gold model is limited to 127 pieces around the world. It is presented in a collector's case that offers space for a total of three models.
Classic elegance is the guiding principle of all 1893 Johannes Dürrstein models. This Chronograph is lovingly interspersed with reminiscences to historical timepieces. Connoisseurs of fine watches will recognise them without difficulty – such as the dial with white enamel finish, fine Arabic numerals and blued hands, or the minutes printed in red.
A central stop second, a 30-minute counter at 3 o'clock and a 12-hour counter at 6 o'clock, into which a date window is also set, allow short time frames to be measured – a discreet reference to the demands of today.
Manual Winding Movement Ung-59.S1
The UNG-59.S1 hand-wound calibre with 60 hours' power reserve, developed specifically for this watch, offers extensive insights into the work of the Chronograph and gives the viewer a clear sight of the complex switch operations. The fine finishing of all components that come from Glashütte's own workshops, allows typical elements of its craftsmanship like the refined Glashütte stripe finish and perlage by hand. The silicon spring is in turn an achievement of contemporary watchmaking. Thanks to the latest silicon technology, it is resistant to magnetic fields, which can have a lasting effect on the rate precision of mechanical watches.
Union Glashütte 1893 Johannes Dürrstein Edition Chronograph
· Reference: D903.459.76.017.00 - 18-carat rose gold version; D007.459.16.017.00 – stainless-steel version
· Movement: Manual movement UNG-59.S1
· Functions: Hours, minutes, small second, date display in dial window, date correction via push-button at 10 o'clock, 24-hour display, 60-second chronograph, 30-minute and 12-hour counters, second stop, silicon-spring, manual winding
· Case: 18-carat rose gold or Stainless steel 316L, pressed sapphire crystal case-back
· Glass: Sapphire, anti-reflective on both faces
· WaterResistant: Up to a pressure of 3 bar (30 m)
· Dial: White with Arabic numerals, enamelled
· Hands: Blued
· Strap/Bracelet: Brown or Black leather
· Weight: 109 g
· Diameter: 42 mm
· Height: 14,23 mm
The price for the Union Glashütte 1893 Johannes Dürrstein Edition Chronograph is 2.827€ for the stainless-steel version and 10.723€ for the 18-carat rose gold Version.